Monday, March 23, 2009

Only In a House With Kids...

...would you find these things in the clean laundry, over a period of weeks: one Polly Pocket mirror, two barrettes, one pony tail holder, one marble, one Bakugan, one quarter, one pair of tweezers, two clothespins, one rubber ball, one tinker toy, one clip, two keyrings, one matchbox car, one eraser, two things I don't know the name of, and an outlet cover. It sounds like a list of things that the Very Hungry Caterpillar ate!

...would there be 23 orphaned socks after the laundry has been cleaned, folded, and put away.

...would a mother have to draw a line on her own kitchen floor to show her young children where they CANNOT wrestle nor tickle nor chase nor do cartwheels nor whine nor tiptoe nor BE while she is making supper.

9 comments:

Lerin said...

So true, my friend! Only a fellow momm y can understand! ;)

Anonymous said...

I like the line. Very clever! I might have to incorporate that in my kitchen.
I love the new blog title and the header image is adorable. I look forward to your changes in the future.

Colleen said...

My dryer eats the socks too! What's up with that?

elm said...

I LOVE the tape line on the floor!! It is tape, right? I need to know so that I can consider copying you!!! :)

Aubrey said...

Yes, the line is blue painter's tape. It's working very well as a reminder for the kids now! :)

Regina said...

LOVE the line!! i found a slipper in the clean wash
r

Sandra said...

Love the line....I think our kitchen is too small for that though :) Lost socks drive me bonkers! I actually did a post on socks & underwear. :) It's so fun to read all the girlie stuff you found; I have all boys, so muddy shoes is the big issue lately!

Anonymous said...

It is strange how socks disappear, that's for sure... :)

I wish someone in my home would draw a line in the kitchen to keep me OUT, though, ... I would have no trouble obeying, lol...

abroadermark said...

The picture of the laundry treasure reminds me of a post on my blog from last July. If I remember correctly, some of the other ladies got in on the action and had a sort of show and tell of the goodies they had found in their own washers and dryers. It was a real bonding experience! LOL!

Love the line!! I think I'm going to put one all the way around the outside of my house. Whaddaya think? Good idea? Or not? :D