Friday, March 20, 2009

Interview With My Children

1. What is something mom always says to you?
Morgan: I love you
Madeleine: I love you
Noah: Love you
Mom: Go outside.

2. What makes mom happy?
Morgan: hugs and kisses
Madeleine: I hug her a lot and I kiss her a lot
Noah: clean up!
Mom: no fighting

3. What makes mom sad?
Morgan: not listening to her
Madeleine: if I don't hug her, she feels sad if Isaiah hits her
Noah: not hugs and kisses from us
Mom: fighting, not taking care of belongings

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
Morgan: tickling
Madeleine: tickling
Noah: tickle me

5. What was your mom like as a child?
Morgan: A good reader. She likes reading.
Madeleine: Happy, nice, listening to Nana
Noah: Hugs and kisses.

6. How old is your mom?
Morgan: 30
Madeleine: 15
Noah: 13
Mom: Morgan is the closest.

7. How tall is your mom?
Morgan: 10 feet tall
Madeleine: 500,000
Noah: 100 tall
Mom: 5' 6"

8. What is her favorite thing to do?
Morgan: hang out with us
Madeleine: smile
Noah: kisses
Mom: ...and hang out with Daddy

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
Morgan: miss us
Madeleine: clean
Noah: miss us (he's parroting)
Mom: go out on dates with Daddy

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Morgan: cook
Madeleine: Seth [my Navy brother]
Mom: Mom never wants to be famous. Ever.

11. What is your mom really good at?
Morgan: tickling
Madeleine: games
Noah: walking (this comes from a conversation awhile back when he asked why I don't fall all the time like he does...I told him that as people get older, they get better at walking.)
Mom: multitasking

12. What is your mom not very good at?
Morgan: I don't know.
Madeleine: soccer ball
Noah: coloring

13. What does your mom do for her job?
Morgan: what job?
Madeleine: a mom and you take care of us
Noah: cleaning up
Mom: What job? $%#@&! That's a whole new post (that was funny, though).

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
Morgan: Soup
Madeleine: noodles
Noah: noodles
Mom: grilled salmon, scallops, any seafood.

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
Morgan: making my bed
Madeleine: helping me clean my room sometimes and throwing the trash away
Noah: cleaning up with me

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Morgan: Bambi's mom
Madeleine: Madeline Aubrey head
Noah: Sarah!
Mom: She-Ra, Princess of Power

17. What do you and your mom do together?
Morgan: nothing (she's pouting now after getting in trouble)
Madeleine: buy stuff at the store
Noah: play games
Mom: learn!

18. How are you and your mom the same?
Morgan: I was born in you
Madeleine: our skin
Noah: our whole family's the same
Mom: Morgan is the same as me. Maddie is like her Dad. Noah is somewhere inbetween.

19. How are you and your mom different?
Morgan: our hair
Madeleine: our hair
Noah: we don't have the same hair

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
Morgan: because you buy us things
Madeleine: because you take care of us
Noah: because you always say it
Mom: this is a good example of their love languages. What they said is very telling!

21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
Morgan: Great Wolf Lodge!
Madeleine: Colorado!
Noah: Colorado Hot Springs!
Mom: They all win!

8 comments:

Kati said...

That is so fun! Thanks for sharing! You're kids are adorable.

Sandra said...

This is great! I will have to do it with my boys...not sure if our 1 year old will have much to say though, it will be interesting! :)

SQUELLY said...

So great! They are just amazing at seeing things their way and not worrying about anything else! such a joy to read

Anonymous said...

Aubrey, I LOVED this post - I think it's my favorite ever on your site. What fun!!

I loved Noah's strategy - when it doubt go with "hugs & kisses!"

#13 was THE BEST!!!!!!

Were they all sitting together to be interviewed or did you sequester them?

It was so fun to read their answers - now you have to do one for Daddy, too!!

Regina said...

loved it!
r

Therese said...

so many children have said mom makes them laugh by tickling.

It is great to see yourself through your children's eyes.

seth said...

that was really cute!

abroadermark said...

Such a cute idea! Mind if I borrow it from you?