Maria's birthday is within four days of her older cousin Ethan. Together, Jeremy's family celebrated Ethan's 3rd and Maria's 1st birthday. Carrie did all the work, all the decorating, and all the prepping, and we showed up with the birthday girl ... good deal, right!? ;)
 |
| Ethan wanted a pirate themed birthday! |
 |
| All the children dressed as pirates. This is Pirate Noah. |
 |
| Carrie and Joel made a huge pirate ship, complete with an ocean of blue balloons, in their living room! |
 |
| Ethan and Maria played in the ocean together. |
 |
| Happy birthday, Pirate Maria! |
 |
| Yeah, the Bacardi is in the background deliberately. I thought it'd make me laugh in ten years, when I looked back on Maria's FIRST birthday and saw this picture of her cake with rum behind it. It was a pirate birthday, after all. We can't very well play pirates and not have rum now, can we? |
 |
| Birthday baby! |
 |
| Captain Morgan (speaking of rum) |
 |
| Me, Captain Morgan, and Pirate Madeleine |
 |
| Jeremy's dad is so funny. This is him with Jeremy's sister Mandy. |
 |
| You know what a good parent I am? I let Maria eat and eat and eat and eat. Guess what happened at midnight? She woke up crying and barfed cake and frosting all over me. Nice going, Aubrey! |
 |
| Carrie had a pirate cake for Ethan. |
 |
| Me and my captain |
 |
| Maria Catherine |
 |
| Captain Morgan |
 |
| First Mate Isaiah |
 |
| Maria played in the ocean of balloons. |
 |
| I don't even know that Ethan's praying, but if he was, I would write the caption, "Lord, please make me a good pirate." |
 |
| Captain Joe |
 |
| Treasure hunt! |
 |
| Madeleine |
 |
| Clare, Morgan, Delphina, Gabriel, Jack, and Joe (forgot to take that red-eye out, didn't I?) |
 |
| Carrie (Jeremy's sister), Ethan, and Jeremy's mom |
 |
| Laurie (Jeremy's sister) and Clare |
 |
| Holy buckets of cake, Batman! |
 |
| Clean up! |
 |
| She was such a mess, she ended up half naked. Luckily, Carrie happened to have a sweater for her to wear. It's always good for a child to end up reeeeaaaaalllllly messy on her first birthday. |
4 comments:
Oh I love all the pictures Aubrey. The pirate party looks like a lot of fun.
Happy first birthday to Maria.
Love the pictures and how well they depict the wonderful family you have!! Happy birthday Maria!! Why does time go by so fast??
Happy Birthday Maria...I can't believe you're a year old already!
I love your captions (as always) especially "Captain Morgan" very nice :)
wow. happy birthday. what an amzing birthdsay party. loved all the decoartions. My son turning 6 in May is going to have a combined birthday with Claire turning 1 in May. My son asked for a pirate party i think i could use some of these ideas. Either that or a mickey and minnie party we will see.
but wow I loved all your pictures. what a great time. happy birthday to her!!
Post a Comment