Does anyone have a suggestion for getting set-in grease (I think?) stains out of clothing? I thought I spilled a few drops of water on my shirt this morning but as it should be dry right now and the "stain" is still there, I'm thinking it's grease of some kind (possibly from spit-up, cooking, etc.) and I could use suggestions. Many of the shirts that I wore when I was nursing are stained and as I'd rather not throw them away, I'd like to try to remove the stains.
I'll take any kind of suggestion--natural, chemical, methodic. (Is that a word, methodic?)
Thanks!
10 comments:
I can't remember what it's called, but Amway used to have a stain removal product made especially for protein stains like baby spit up. I haven't needed it as much since my projectile spitter uppers grew up, but it was well worth the money when I did need it.
For grease, plain old dish detergent (esp Dawn)works really well. Before putting in the washing machine, I put a drop directly onto the offending spot, and rub it in a little -- then for some extra oomph, I often sprinkle a little oxyclean on it -- then throw the article in with the rest of the clothes and wash as usual. This almost always gets out a grease stain.
I second the Dawn dish soap. Works great by itself, even on grease stains that have been washed and dried. Good luck!
We usually try dish soap first, but if it's already set in, there's a product called "Goop" that's sold in the automotive supply area, or maybe the painting supplies (we got it at Walmart, and those two areas are next to each other... I just asked a guy working that general area) that works well. You just rub some of the goop onto the stain then toss it in with the rest of your laundry.
my mil uses a product called fells nafta soap or something or is it phels naphtfa soap...i don't know the spelling it is an odd spelling. It comes in a bar like soap. You flake a bit off into the wash by cutting off some and it works for that.
me..i just throw stuff out if its stained...lol
Dude, if I threw out my stained stuff, I wouldn't have anything to wear! ;)
Plus, I've only worn this particular shirt (the one that prompted this post) about four times. So grrrrrrrr I'm annoyed that it's stained already. Welcome to motherhood, right?
all my maternity shirts seem to have grease stains-I guess with my stomach sticking out I am just more prone. I am going to get some Dawn!
I used to have a book called Heloise Housekeeping Hints that gave ideas for everything. When I looked up food grease stains, first thing they said was never put hot water. The next thing they said was to sprinkle with a packet of sweetener. Not sugar
You can go to Heloise Housekeeping Hints through google search. They have ideas for everything.
I sometimes have luck spraying oil stains with an orange oil based solvent like De-Solv-it (my favorite) or Goo Gone.
Post a Comment