Monday, September 6, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook Volume 42

Outside my window, it's dark and quiet.  The cicadas have become silent and it's just crickets outside.  A cold front came through this afternoon and so rather than being hot and muggy, it's a cool 60 degrees!  It's 10 p.m. in Nebraska.

I am thinking about all of the babies about to enter my life by being born to my friends.  A baby should arrive in the next couple of weeks to my friend Jill, then another to my friend Staci in November, and two in February to my friends Sarah and Jen.  Three cheers for new life!

I am thankful for my grandparents!

I am wearing a brown skirt and a brown beaded T-shirt with brown & blue Keens.

Learning at school and at home: Morgan is in third grade, Maddie in second, and Noah began Kindergarten this year.  I am participating in a preschool coop for Isaiah with other friends who have 3 year olds.

I am remembering how crowded and uncomfortable the Dave Matthews Band concert was last September so that I'm not sad about missing the upcoming concert which is nearby.

I am going to eat Jasmine Rice with sweetened Coconut milk before bed.

I am currently reading The Help.

I am hoping for cool weather and healthy children.

On my mind: I can still do Trig!  I helped my neighbor solve a homework problem she was struggling with.  I struggled with it, too, then the solution came to me after I sat and stared at the page.  It's been awhile since I have had to do math but I do love solving the puzzle, so to speak.

One of my favorite things: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.  They are God's gift to mothers with small children!

Pondering these words: Anyone of you who does not renounce all of his possessions cannot be my disciple.  Father H gave a good homily on that this weekend; he stated that Christ did not mean that we must literally give up everything we own.  He meant that we must not allow our possessions to own us (or to lead us away from God).

From the kitchen: BLTs and Crash Potatoes.  Is there anything else?

Around the house: We left the house today and drove to my grandparents' acreage, which is about an hour away.  The kids fished with cane poles, took hikes around the pond, finding mussel shells, frogs, and insects, fed and petted the horses, and ate my grandma's wonderful cooking which consists of a lot of things from my grandpa's humongous garden.  Mmmm.  This is truly the good life! 
(That's the Nebraska state motto, for those of you non-Nebraskans)

From my camera: Yet another gratuitous cute Maria picture....

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Now I'm craving a BLT. Thanks.

I am amazed at how light Maria's hair has gotten. And those blue eyes are just gorgeous!!

Sandra said...

Umm, sorry for a similar comment as Colleen's, but BLT's...yum...and what are crash potato?

Some poor pathetic boy who didn't see it comin' is gonna get lost one day when your Maria flutters those eyes at him :-)...who knows, maybe I should bite my tongue because that boy may end up being Raphael! ha ha

Jordana said...

Those are some amazingly beautiful eyes!

elm said...

What are crash potatoes??? And... let me know what you think of "The Help"! I thought it was a great story!