Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook Volume 43

For today, September 14, 2010


Outside my window it is sunny and cool.  A massive storm system came through last night, nixing the humidity (at least for now) and cooling Nebraska. 

I am thinking about how awesome Dave Matthews Band is, in concert, and how eager I am to see them tonight!

I am thankful for my neighbor Stephanie who won tickets to the DMB concert and is taking me!

I am wearing sweat pants--capris--and a nursing cami.  I love nursing camis.  Later today I'll be wearing a DMB 2010 tour T-shirt.

Learning at school and at home: Morgan is, as always, doing well.  Madeleine is back with the resource teacher this year for reading.  I'm so grateful that there's help for her at school!  Noah is eager to be in kindergarten but apparently gets himself in trouble (if you can call it trouble--his teacher is very patient) talking, talking, talking, talking.  Hmm.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  In second grade, I was always in trouble for yapping non-stop with a boy named Elliott. 

I am remembering how good it feels to be surrounded by music that I love that is so loud that it vibrates through my entire body and my spine and how much I love to watch each member of the DMB play his instruments, how amazing it is to watch them do what they do so well.

I am going to the Dave Matthews Band concert tonight!

I am currently reading nothing because I am in between books.  The Help was absolutely wonderful and I would strongly recommend it to any reader.

I am hoping for fair weather tonight.

On my mind: Uh, the Dave Matthews Band.  I thought that was painfully obvious.

Noticing that I'm thinking an awful lot about Dave Matthews Band.  Maybe I'll catch another drumstick.

Pondering these words: If not now, when?  
(This keeps me motivated to keep up on chores; it has nothing to do with DMB.)

From the kitchen: last night for Bible Study (Catholic Women's group), ranch dip in a bread bowl with bread and Garden Herb Triscuits, Vanilla mousse with crushed oreos stirred in.  Later in the week, I'm planning Fritos Casserole, BLTs, and Sausage gravy with biscuits.  Mmmm.  That's why I still have 40 lbs of baby weight to lose!

Around the house can be heard the sound of Dave Matthews Band on iTunes.  Imagine that.

One of my favorite things ... really, do I have to say it again?

Here is a picture to enjoy.  
Last night, a storm came through and soaked the outdoors.  This morning when I went out onto the freshly waterproofed deck, the sun was shining directly on the deck and rainwater was evaporating and the steam was rolling across the deck.  It was very pretty in the sunlight. 
::

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh have so much fun! Watch out though, I used to think I was getting high at DMB concerts just by breathing in everybody's smoke around me :)

And your Noah sounds a lot like my John-Paul - oy!

Sandra said...

You're funny Aubrey. Have a good evening tonight. Oh, and the menu sounds yummy and don't feel bad. I'm not eating the stuff on your menu plan and I still have my 40 pounds and I've lost 40...who gains 80 pounds when they're pregnant??? Our babies are healthy, our husbands are happy and we do the best we can...that is beautiful. :-)

Christmas-etc... said...

Okay... I must admit, I don't know the Dave Matthews Band (does that make me sound really out of it? Well, I am living in Greece and more often than not immersed in 3rd and 4th century history!)! But, I will find out about it now that you are so excited about going to the concert tonight!
Love your blog! Please stop by mine if you have the time. It's a history blog about the real St. Nicholas.
Enjoy your concert!
Ann

Mom P said...

The newpaper said people actually called the fire department with the steam thinking it was people's roofs on fire. Oh, by the way, I hope you enjoyed the concert.

kim said...

my oldest son has always struggled with reading.

Sorry, not much of a dave matthews person but I am glad u like them. I am that way with U2.