Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Applejack Festival



There was this cute little 3 year old in front of me, clapping to the music and yelling in excitement every so often.
These guys were eager to spot the next float with candy.
The Navy guys didn't have candy, but one really crazy lady yelled GO NAVY! and that's why the guy on the right is smiling.  Really.  Then they yelled it back!  (Okay, it was me that yelled, but don't tell.)
There was this one handsome guy at the parade with his adorable little red head daughter. 
There were these kids there that kept scampering for candy whenever it was thrown.  They were cute.
This little blue eyed baby was absolutely adorable.  Her father let me hold her for a little while.  She even slept in my lap.
These kids kept handing candy to the kids around them who didn't catch any.  That was thoughtful. 
O say, does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave ... o'er the land of the FREE and the home of the BRAVE!
This little boy was completely enamored with this young lady, Lexi.  He kept calling her, "Leksthi" and she would catch candy for him.  I think she is the boy's uncle's girlfriend.
Ooh, I recognized a clarinetist and a drummer, the one playing the quads.  They're in their senior year of high school and are my not-so-baby brother and sister.
That little baby on my lap slept through the whole thing.
See? 
Remember that hot guy I mentioned earlier, the one with the cute daughter?  Well he came over to the house that I was at and watched football with my #1 Grandpa.  Actually, they both had headphones on at the parade.  That happens in Nebraska from time to time.
Here is the clarinetist with her niece.  They're both pretty.
There's this one crazy kid who makes awful faces every time I went to take a picture of her.  She's odd.
Later in the afternoon, the three year old took his very first carnival rides.  He was so excited and waved to his beautiful mother and handsome Grandpa a lot.
These people are: his great-grandmother (can you see him hanging on her legs?) and his Grandma and Grandpa who treated him to the rides.
He was so adorable that I kept taking pictures.  He finally figured out how to ring the bell as the last lap of his train ride was over.
Can't believe I ran into these kids again.  They were so eager to start this ride.  Cute little blond things, they are.
These were their expressions the moment the ride started to move.  They were very amusing and did not throw up afterward.
The three year old got a pick up from Grandpa and watched the Tilt-a-Whirl.
Then he took my old spot on the way home ... Grandpa's shoulders.
 


Can you see Noah peeking out from under the table?  He's hiding from Lexi with Tre'mon.
Thank you, Lexi, for a great game of hide and seek!
This is Amaya on Sophie's knee, being entertained by Morgan.
My grandpa took a turn with Maria.  She did what she always does with Great-grandpa: stares.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - I just realized that Maria looks just like you! What a beautiful family you have - love the pics and the captions! :-)

Mom P said...

Maria looks just like you and Morgan looks just like her daddy. I noticed that in the first day of school pictures. They are standing with the same profile. Maddie has the same eyes as her Aunt Sophie. It cute the way Maria is studying great grandmas face. All your little ones really studied faces. Oh, I do agree with the handsome man in your life. We did good, didn't we.

Diane said...

What a fun family day!