... I went to Starbucks a couple of months ago to sit with my girlfriends--after kid bedtime, just moms--and we placed our orders. Two of the women were pregnant, and two weren't ... or so I thought. When my order was called, I walked up to the counter to retrieve it and heard laughter and a congratulations! behind me at the table. When I returned, I sat down, smiled, elbowed the woman next to me and joked, "what was the congratulations for? Are you pregnant?" I expected her to laugh at me and she did. Then she raised her eyebrows and said, "Actually, I am!" Everyone's mouths dropped open. It was quiet for a --split-- second. No one was expecting that (that's not what the overheard congrats were for). Then there was an outburst of shrieking and exclamations of congratulations, hugs, and cheers, and excitement. It's wonderful to welcome the news of a new baby this way!
... the other night, I laid in bed when it was cool out and the breeze was blowing through the open window, ruffling the curtain, and it was raining gently. When the rain stopped, the crickets started and it was so peaceful.
... three other families came over for supper and there were 20 kids between us.
... my brother Seth came out of the airplane with his Navy dress whites on after boot camp.
... I was standing outside of the upper ring of Mile High Stadium before my very first Dave Matthews Band concert in 2000. My sister Valley was with me. We looked down at the ground and a golf cart came around the corner. Dave Matthews was driving it. We started shouting, "Dave! Dave!" and he waved at us. For the next two years, our catch phrase was Dave Waved.
... (moments) are when the phone rings and I KNOW it's someone calling with news of a new baby.
... my husband said slowly, after several months of gentle persuasion, "okay, I think you're right. Let's have another baby." (Maria)
... I was 17, in the passenger seat of my Dad's car, on the way to Ames Iowa to visit Iowa State and he said to me, "Look in the glove compartment, make sure we have the papers." Inside the glove compartment was an envelope with tickets for an R.E.M. concert to be attended after visiting the University.
... I opened a red envelope on Christmas morning, 2006, and it said, "Congratulations, it's a boy!" We wanted a brother for Noah so badly.
... the first jet performed a touch-and-go on the flight deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln (my brother's aircraft carrier) RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. My ears are still ringing.
... I walked down the aisle toward Jeremy, on my father's arm, and Dad had to whisper to me, "slow down!" You can see in the pictures that I'm practically pulling him!
... ADD YOUR FAVORITE MOMENT
... three other families came over for supper and there were 20 kids between us.
... my brother Seth came out of the airplane with his Navy dress whites on after boot camp.
... I was standing outside of the upper ring of Mile High Stadium before my very first Dave Matthews Band concert in 2000. My sister Valley was with me. We looked down at the ground and a golf cart came around the corner. Dave Matthews was driving it. We started shouting, "Dave! Dave!" and he waved at us. For the next two years, our catch phrase was Dave Waved.
... (moments) are when the phone rings and I KNOW it's someone calling with news of a new baby.
... my husband said slowly, after several months of gentle persuasion, "okay, I think you're right. Let's have another baby." (Maria)
... I was 17, in the passenger seat of my Dad's car, on the way to Ames Iowa to visit Iowa State and he said to me, "Look in the glove compartment, make sure we have the papers." Inside the glove compartment was an envelope with tickets for an R.E.M. concert to be attended after visiting the University.
... I opened a red envelope on Christmas morning, 2006, and it said, "Congratulations, it's a boy!" We wanted a brother for Noah so badly.
... the first jet performed a touch-and-go on the flight deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln (my brother's aircraft carrier) RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. My ears are still ringing.
... I walked down the aisle toward Jeremy, on my father's arm, and Dad had to whisper to me, "slow down!" You can see in the pictures that I'm practically pulling him!
... ADD YOUR FAVORITE MOMENT
2 comments:
I enjoyed reading your special moments...
I have had a few in my life too...
ps. when I was walking down the aisle, I was too fast as well. So fast, that I left my Dad behind. Ooops! lol
I was not "too fast" down the aisle. In fact, I think I was making my dad nervous about my "wait. wait. wait." bit I was doing. I wouldn't let the ushers open the doors and the music had begun. BUT, my oh, my... there was a reason and my hubs to be KNEW where I was and why I was "taking so long." My wedding present to him was three trumpeters (secretly found at the local college of where we were getting married). It was his "only" dream of his wedding to have Trumpet Voluntary played in all three parts as his bride walked down the aisle. SOOoooo, i searched and found 3 poor college students in the band who were happy to make dreams come true! I was waiting, so that he could soak in EVERY minute of their playing... 2 rounds of the song. And everyone was turned looking toward the doors where I would come in, so they weren't staring at him while he was enjoying his SURPRISE!!!! Yea, that was an awesome part of that day!!! :)
Post a Comment