FOR TODAY...October 5, 2009Outside my window...it is still a little dark because it appears to be cloudy. It's nearly 50 degrees, so warmer than it has been the last several days. The grass is still a rich green and the trees are yellow, orange, red, and green. What beauty!
I am thinking...about something that our Bishop wrote in his most recent article in our Diocesan Newspaper. He compared Lazarus to our poorer brother nations and America to the rich man who ate well at his table. It made my spine tingle. Lazarus looked down on the rich man from Heaven but the rich man was not with him nor could Lazarus help him nor warn the rich man's friend of the dangers of Hell.
I am thankful for...everything that we have been given: a home to live in, food to eat, transportation, clothes to wear, and health. Also, I'm grateful for our parish family. We had a covered dish picnic last night to celebrate the feast day of our patron saint. Our pastor, Monsignor, played his guitar along with other musicians from our parish. I didn't even know that a couple of them played instruments. What a treat! I have so many friends in our parish and there are so many families, so many children.
I am wearing...maternity pants, a pink T-shirt, socks, and Mocs
I am remembering...the little bitty bows that our hospital's nursery puts on the foreheads of little girls after they are born. Jeremy would walk our baby girls back to the nursery just to ask for one of those bows each morning. It's been a long time since we had a baby girl to cuddle!
I am going...to be careful with my body these next 20 weeks!
I am reading...Acts of the Apostles and Surprised by Truth
I am hoping...that my brother Leighton really did bring home a T-shirt from Seattle for me. It wouldn't be a Seattle T-shirt, but one from the Navy or from the USS Abraham Lincoln, on which our brother Seth serves. The T-shirts I do have from my day on the aircraft carrier with him are now too small because of the baby I carry around my waist! ;)
On my mind...a name for our little girl. Jeremy and I differ very much in our taste in names. It's a bit of a challenge for us!
Learning at school and at home...I set up a table and chairs in the empty back bedroom. We now have a learning room, which for us is more of a homework room. It's quiet back there!
Noticing that...this baby moves around quite a bit now! Jeremy was able to feel her move for the first time this morning!
Pondering these words..."I am a very little soul who can offer only very little things to the Lord." St. Therese of the Child Jesus, the Little Flower
From the kitchen...Chicken fajitas on Monday and chili later in the week. I love soup season!
Around the house...Jeremy picked up quite a bit this weekend but there are things scattered here and there ... a sewing project, toys, shoes, and coats!
One of my favorite things...BABIES
A few plans for the week: Mass of Initiation on Monday evening for Morgan, who will be receiving her First Holy Communion this spring, My 19/20 week OB appointment on Tuesday morning, then birthday wishes for a little five year old boy, Thursday morning play date.
From my picture journal...Since I mentioned my brother's aircraft carrier, the USS Abraham Lincoln, earlier in the post, I thought I'd post a picture of her. I took this from Alki beach in Seattle, on the east shore of Puget Sound, as she came down through it the day after the Family Cruise. What a sight!
3 comments:
Well, I personally think Colleen and Maggie are BEAUTIFUL names for girls :)
Wonderful post! I think this may be the first time I've been here. I really enjoyed reading about your family. When my first daughter was born, the hospital put a little tiny pink yarn bow on her head (she had very little hair). I learned they stuck them on with K-Y Jelly!
I didn't get a little pink bow on my baby girl... Hmm. Maybe if you know to ask for them :). I can't wait to see you with a baby girl. I've only known you with big girls and baby boys!
You have a busy week ahead of you!
Post a Comment