Visit Peggy, the creator of The Simple Woman's Daybook to read her Daybook and those of other bloggers..
Outside my window...There is a thin, pretty layer of snow on the ground that will likely melt by the afternoon. It is sunny! It is 17 degrees (-8 C) currently but is supposed to get up to 41 degrees today! This is the view from where I type.
Isaiah the Astronaut. Don't worry--he was supervised closely while running around with a plastic tote on his head.
For Today, February 2nd, 2009
..
I am thinking...about how different each of our children are. Morgan is six and is our serious student who likes cleaning and takes care of her baby brother. Madeleine is five and is full of giggles, very very ticklish, and puts all of her energy into whatever she's doing at the moment. Noah is four and is the one who works on a task or at play with oblivious intensity; he's easily frustrated but is very easy to cheer up. Isaiah is one and a half and is a CLOWN! He is sitting at the breakfast table making funny faces and sounds so that his siblings will laugh at him. When the laughter dies down, he changes his approach. What a group!
.I am thankful for...pro-life health care providers who support NFP.
.Learning at school and at home...I caught Morgan up on 2 1/2 days of missed school in a period of 2 hours. She missed 3 1/2 days of school last week and was eager to do the work. Madeleine bounced off to school eagerly this morning with her sister. Noah loves counting and spelling his name and has recently begun asking me which letter words start with. Yay! Isaiah is a clown who entertains everyone and feeds off of their laughter and hugs. He's starting to string two words together.
.From the kitchen...it's going to be nice later this week so I'm planning on grilling steak and salmon from the freezer. This is the last of a gift of meat that we were given and it was such a wonderful treat! On other days, Rachael Ray's Chicken Fajita Tortilla Soup (not sure of the correct name), creme brulee, broccoli and cauliflower curry soup with quiche, and assorted quick-and-easy dishes.
.I am wearing...sweat pants and a Maria Goretti sweatshirt, socks, and sandals.
.I am creating...craft/science projects with the children. We have been having loads of fun with Usborne's Big Book of Science Things to Make and Do. Jeremy's mom lent us this book. It's full of fun projects and almost all of them are made up of things that we have at home. If the ingredients aren't at home already, they're cheap to buy and easy to find. I'll post pictures soon of the things that we've done.
.I am going...to get a lot accomplished today. My list is long! As soon as I post this, I'm going to start laundry, then make an appointment, then add up a collection taken this weekend at our parish for a local soup kitchen, take it to the bank, and mail a check to that organization.
.I am reading...The Associate by John Grisham. It was released on Thursday. I'm more than half way and it hasn't sucked me in yet. I could put it down and not look back but I'm counting on a good ending, kind of like the blue apple joke. I am truly a hard-to-please reader.
.A Memory...A favorite memory of mine is Father B playing the guitar for us when he visited a couple of months ago to bless our home. He picked up a tune Madeleine was singing and played it by ear. What talent! The memory was triggered when Noah asked if I could get his marble out of the guitar just now. I also shook out a clothespin, a foam sticker, and a scrap of paper.
.I am hearing...Sid the Science Kid. Earlier it was the kids giggling at the breakfast table. I get this entry done in bits and pieces here and there a little at a time throughout the morning. Anyone else?
.Around the house...Do you have a junk drawer? Just one? What's in it?
.
One of my favorite things...roses from my husband. He surprised me on Friday with a half dozen--a rose to represent each member of our family. I saved all of the rose petals from all of the roses that he gave to me while we were dating. When we were to be married, we found out that the church, because of its carpet, did not want us to throw petals down. We still have them!
.A few plans for the rest of the week: Bible Study tonight, Visit my Grandpa in the hospital, My mom's birthday on Thursday, An Uppercase Living Party on Friday, Museum on Saturday, Mass on Sunday.
.Here is picture thought I am sharing...
The kids are watching Wizard's Brew foam and overflow. It was an activity from the above mentioned book. The recipe calls for us to add dish soap to the vinegar before adding the baking soda, which slows down the whole process. It's neat!
.
Something that will make you feel better about your housekeeping skills...There is a (clean, unsoiled) swim diaper that's frozen to the deck outside. We stripped Isaiah when we got him out of the hot tub after a dip this weekend and I forgot to pick up the diaper afterward. You better be laughing!
.
**If you are visiting from The Simple Woman's Daybook, you are welcome to click on the header to view the rest of the blog. Please leave me a note to say hello! I will return the favor! :)
25 comments:
isaiah sounds like a riot!
the science projects sound (and look) awesome
r
Thanks for visiting my Daybook. I just started clicking around your blog...awake baby interruption...I'll be back
Yes, I have a junk drawer -- one in every room!
Your picture of the Wizard's Brew experiement is awesome!
Thanks for visiting my blog. The picture in my header was taken by me at a national park in the midwest. I love the picture in your header as well. You can't beat the pictures God makes in nature!
Looks like you have a wonderful family and home. God bless!
Aubrey, you have a beautiful family and a beautiful blog! Thanks for sharing! I wish we were fortunate enough to live near as many pro-life health care providers as you do. You are truly blessed!
What beautiful children you have! I love the sound of your little Isaiah... every homes needs a little 'clown' :)
I love reading your simple woman's daybook, and about your daily lives. I LOVE roses, they are my favourite. I had roses for my wedding... blood red and cream ones.
I had a chuckle to myself... naturally, a science-loving mumma will be a fun mumma, doing many fun experiements with her kiddies. I bet your kids have a many fun, but productive, memories and learning experiences.
When do you want us over for dinner?? I can bring dessert, ok? ;)
LOl! Yep, I'm laughing. &:o))
1st... When will you be serving creme brulee? Can I come? I won't need a place to sleep. I can take care of that in the south western part of town, but creme brulee....mmmm and it would be fun to really meet you!
2nd... about those rose petals - I had my rose petals from our dating years sent off and a wonderful nun crushed them and mixed them with something and now I have rosary beads made of roses from my sweetheart... just an idea! I was surprised, though. My, red, white and pink petals came back to me as BLACK beads!
I second turning your rose petals into a rosary. You can find the recipe online, I believe.
Love your descriptions of your kiddos! ;)
Wow! I got home from Bible Study and had so many comments here. Thanks, Ladies! :)
Jenny, thanks for stopping in!
Jerralea, I took the picture on my header in Colorado. You're right--God makes the best pictures for us to capture! I'm so glad that someone else has a junk drawer in every room. I have two in the kitchen.
Sweet Pea, thanks for stopping by! We are blessed to have a wide variety of pro-life NFP physicians here. Lucky us! :)
Amanda, when do I want you for dinner? Anytime! It would be a privilege to have you, especially considering the length of the flight you would have to take! Thank you for your kind words. It is fun to be a science lover because I get to fill in the blanks of my children's schooling: they learn reading, writing, and math at school and I have the blessed privilege of teaching them music and science at home (my two passions). Yay!
Thanks, Lisa...I was hoping someone would feel better if they knew that there was a diaper frozen to my deck. It did go straight in the trash today. :S
Elm, I'll be serving Creme Brulee on Thursday. When/if you do come to town, please feel free to contact us for a visit! I'll be in Seattle in April; not sure how close or far away you are to that city, but we'll always live here!
Elm and Laura--you guys are BRILLIANT! I had no idea that I could turn those rose petals into rosary beads. I've had a rosary made out of roses before but it would be priceless to have one made out of those special petals. You guys have floored me! Thank you so much! :)
What's in my junk drawers? (note the noun is plural, not singular) Why junk, of course!! And nothing but. :D
Yes, the swim diaper thing did make me laugh. Seems my whole life works that way. Very fun daybook, thanks for sharing it.
Loved your post. I have a junk drawer where I keep all kinds of odds and ends. Screwdrivers, tape, twisties etc.
Creme Brulee huh? I'm impressed!!!
I love that you set up science projects for your children. Maybe it'll end up being a career for one or two of them!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog today! I've enjoyed taking a peek into your day. You have beautiful kids and it looks like lots of fun with them! Blessings from Arkansas.
Thank you for stopping by my new blog and leaving a comment.I love your website, but I must tell you the beautiful pictures made me homesick for that part of the country. We lived in Kansas for 9 years and even though we've been back in TX for 8 yrs. we still miss KS a lot(a whole lot).
Cool science projects!!! We have the Usborne kitchen science book. I will have to dig that out...we haven't done that in a while.
About the healthcare providers and NFP: it's nice that you have had a good experience. After I had #6, my midwife was definitely hardcore with the birth control. I wish I could have "preached" a little more about it, but those 6 week appt's are a fog. I'm just glad I had the mind to politely decline :) Have a great week!
Hey Aubrey,
Good to "meet" you :0) Great pics! It all looks like lots of fun at your house! The bubbling brew is always a hit. We made a plaster-of-paris volcano and the boys can "erupt" it.
Love the pics of your kids - very sweet,
Julie
Hello Aubrey! So nice of you to stop by and comment. Your children look so cute and look like they are enjoying the science project. Ahhh grilling..to cold and too much snow still but....soon!
Hi, Aubrey!
I so enjoyed reading your daybook and blog today. Thank you for visiting me over at Fragrance of Truth!
Finishing a post a little bit at a time is quite necessary for me! Not because of little children running around (mine are 12 & 14) but because my brain works slowly and I have to write, then re-write, then edit, then add an image, then...well, you get the idea. As much as I love to blog, writing has never been my strong suit!
I'm curious. What Bible study are you doing?
Blessings!
Hi Jenny! Thanks for checking out my Daybook! Your blog is really cute, and your children are precious. You are so incredibly blessed. My child is the joy of my life...I only wish I had more of them!
Krissy
PS- I added you to my blog roll.
Lovely blog and your children are beautiful! The Collegiate Peaks photo is beautiful. One of our favorite camping spots.
My kids just saw your wizard brew. I know what we will be making today!
Thank you for visiting my blog. I have a Noah also. Love that name. I enjoyed reading your daybook. It was very interesting!
A great diary today. I plan to try that foam. Your blog is so beautiful. I have tried about four times to use the site to get mine pretty but I must be doing something wrong. I copied the directions and used them. I don't know what's wrong. I was just thinking about how much your husband looks like my grandson. My husband came in and glanced at what I was doing. He asked me if that was Devin. I thought that was funny. Your children are beautiful. Doylene
Whoops...I meant Aubrey, not Jenny! Sorry 'bout that!
Hi, Aubrey. This is my second attempt at leaving a comment b/c Blogger is giving me a hard time this morning.
Thanks for your kind comment on my kids and Simple woman's post. I love your blog! I'm saving it to my favorites. Your kids are beautiful, too. You are the first person outside my family to comment on my blog - very exciting!
Have a blessed day :)
~K
Post a Comment