For Today, Monday February 16 2009Outside my window...it is dark, as I am working this post on Sunday night. Monday is a full day for me! Jeremy has the day off and the children are out of school. It is supposed to get up to 45 F tomorrow, which is pretty good for Nebraska in January. I bet that most streets will be clear of snow by tomorrow night!
.
I am thinking...about a new post that I'm going to work on this week for my Geology Corner. It'll be called Burning Ring of Fire. Use your imagination or come back and visit to find out more!
.
Learning at school and at home...Morgan is taking timed subtraction tests. She was deprived of her chance to exchange Valentines with her class on Friday due to a snow day and is looking forward to Tuesday. Madeleine's class seems to be focused mainly on reading and writing for now, and basic math. Noah walks around the house asking me how to spell things and asking what letter things start with. Isaiah is still stringing two words together and now replies to thank you with weh-come. He's got 15 aunts and uncles to learn the names of and now thinks that his Uncle Leighton is named Sophie (thanks, Nana). We're working on it.
.
I am thankful for...everything that God has given me, especially my wonderful husband.
.
From the kitchen...Strawberry something for my bible study Monday night. I'm hosting so I made dessert. I say Strawberry something because I'm not sure what it is. The cook book called it a salad but it's kind of like a layered cake but it's not a cake. It's got a bottom "crust" and a middle creamy layer and a top strawberry layer. Mostly it has a lot of sugar and it looks really yummy. I'm glad I made two!
.
I just downloaded...Finally Home by MercyMe. Then I gave it five stars in iTunes. What did people do before they could do the following, which took me less than a minute?
1. Hear a song on the radio
2. Think to myself, "I really like that song."
3. Wonder what the name of that song is
4. Pull up the radio station's website and look at the queue of songs they've recently played
5. Open iTunes and
6. Download it and then
7. Play it as often as I wish
.
I am wearing...Sweatpants and a sweatshirt.
.
I am reading...your blog!
.
.
I am hoping...that my dad will have me for a birthday lunch again this year. Dad?
.
I am creating...a science post when I'm done with this, then a clean house to welcome the company which I will have tomorrow evening.
.
I am hearing...the August Rush soundtrack playing over iTunes. If you haven't seen this movie and you love music, I would strongly recommend it. You might like the movie even if you're not obsessed with music.
.
Around the house...There are snow pants, mittens, gloves, hats, scarves, and socks on a drying rack by the back door from snow escapades this weekend. Jeremy took the three older kids sledding yesterday and my mom and brothers took Morgan sledding again today. I painted the kitchen and bathroom last week in a fit of boredom. The family room is next, as soon as the man of the house agrees with my idea (read: he likes it the way it is). The dishwasher is humming and the children are sleeping. It is a peaceful night.
.
I am remembering...the early days of our dating relationship. What a novelty we were to each other. Five dating years, seven and a half married years, and four children later, it's only gotten better!
.
One of my favorite things...Chinese food purchased by a husband looking to give his wife some time to rest on Sunday evening.
.
A few plans for the rest of the week...after Monday, nothing extra!
.
Be sure to visit Peggy, the creator of The Simple Woman's Daybook to read her Daybook and those of other bloggers!
.
A picture thought to share...
Trudy, that last one's for you!
10 comments:
Aubrey, I always love seeing photos of your beautiful children, and these pictures are just gorgeous :)
I love Mercy Me, not that I have heard it for so long...
I love your Simple Daybook thoughts. :)
Just wanted to say hello...I have been really lacking at reading my fave blogs, but I just got all caught up with yours. Hope you had a great St. Valentine's Day!
When I start talking about painting, I too must convince my wonderful husband that it needs to be done...or at least that I "think" it needs to be done. I love the cute kid pictures, especially the messy face!
Your "strawberry something" sounds delicious. My mom makes something that sounds like that - except instead of a strawberry top, hers has a chocolate pudding top. She calls it "Chocolate Pudding Dessert." So, perhaps yours could be "Strawberry Dessert." Not too spectacular of a name, though, I know!!!
Probably not going to be as cute or funny anymore when it's mine? ;-) I find it adorable when it only affects other people's laundry.
Your thoughts on how easy it is to get music now is so true. And how did we live without iTunes?? ;)
I have an iPhone and I put an application on my phone called Shazam. When you hear a song (anywhere) and want the title and/or artist you start the application and it picks up what the song is. Then you can go purchase it on iTunes if you want. It's not 100% accurate all the time, but it's very impressive.
You are a blessed woman to be waking up to those for faces every morning - they're adorable! Have a great week!
Keriann
We never watch movies anymore, but I keep meaning to rent August Rush. I'm glad you reminded me!
those are cute pics. i'm glad you update us on those :) and i now am also downloading finally home ;)
Post a Comment