Visit Jennifer at Conversion Diary for her quick takes and those of other bloggers!------1------
I married into the best family ever! My husband's parents and sisters (and their husbands) are so wonderful. They are kind, generous, and caring. They have always made make me feel like a part of the family, calling me their fifth daughter and calling me often just to check in. They live about 20 minutes away which is a very big blessing. Jeremy's sisters always include me in their sister-outings. His sisters are godmothers to our children; their husbands are godfathers. There are 12 grandchildren on Jeremy's side ages 8 to almost born. This is Jeremy's mom reading to the kids; she took a break from working to stay with the littler kids so I could take Morgan to the doctor one afternoon.
.
------ 2------
I used the last of this precious vanilla making Creme Brulee today. *sigh* My grandparents brought it back after each trip to Mexico. They no longer go to Mexico and so now I've run out. There is no vanilla that could match up to the smell of Mexican vanilla. When our associate pastor, Father R, went home to Mexico to visit his family, I seriously considered asking him to pick some up for me.
.
------3------
Morgan came down with a virus last Tuesday. She came home from school sick and a half hour later was asleep on the living room floor. She had a fever and a headache for five days, even when we were alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen. She slept for an hour at a time intermittently, here and there, all over the house. Of course, she insisted that she did not go to sleep on the floor ... and then she saw this picture. She is healthy now and no one else got the bug! 
.
------4------
The kids made these dragons for their Great-grandpa to decorate his hospital room! Noah made the one with the green background, Madeleine the blue, and Morgan the red. To make these, draw a dragon and watercolor. When it is still damp, sprinkle it with salt. After drying, brush the salt off. Then cut it out, paste it on a fresh piece of paper, and add an eye and a heart if you wish.
.
------5------
I'm not hip on dogs but next-door dogs are okay. Sometimes, our neighbors will let Ringo come over and play with the kids. They love it! Ringo and Isaiah are about the same age and will run to the fence to meet each other when they come outdoors.
.
------6------
I usually hand Isaiah one pacifier at a time. Today I handed him two just to see what he would do. Would he choose one? Would he switch back and forth? Nope.
.
------7------
This little tiny pill has a retail value of $25. In 20 minutes, it relieves a migraine. Any of you who suffer migraines know that this is a MIRACLE and I am ever so grateful. Thank heavens for good medical insurance!
18 comments:
Poor Morgan! I hope she's starting to feel better.
And that picture of Isaiah is simply priceless. Priceless.
Ooh, love the dragons.
One of our Littles used to be able to twirl her pacifier in her mouth ~ It was hilarious! Love the shot of your little guy with two in his mouth. What beautiful eyes he has!
Hope all are well at your house now!
I have been known to ask friends to pick up vanilla for me if they're happening down to Mexico. Don't feel shy! They sell it in every gift shop in touristy locations. And it really is so good and SO CHEAP! I'm running low myself, but my mom got a huge bottle last time they were there and she's willing to share with me :).
I love the double pacifier picture - too cute!
Thanks, Ladies!
Morgan is actually feeling much better. She missed school last week--Tues, Weds, Thurs, and Fri and was still sick on Saturday but Sunday she felt better and Monday she hopped in Dad's car to head back to school! :)
Aubrey, I just loved these 7 QT's! It sounds like you are very blessed having such a wonderful in-law family...
I am glad Morgan is feeling better, and that you have such good relief for any migraines. I dispise any form of headaches, as I get sinus ones regularly, and I can't function without a trusty sinutab nearby.
Love the 'dummy' (you say pacifier?) photo! Why chose when you can have both? lol...
I still have the vanilla from our honeymoon - I don't bake much, ha!
Isaiah is too cute. I wish I had a picture of a little boy I babysat once named Kevin...Isaiah could be his twin, I swear.
I love reading what you have to say on Fridays! You are so interesting!! And you had a picture for each piece, wonderful :) Love the pacifier picture (we call them nubbies here...weird, I know, but better than what my Dad calls them)
Thanks to Kim and Lisa and Staci!
Amanda, I'm always interested in the little differences between Australian English and American English. You call a pacifier a dummy? Here, a dummy is a stupid person or a mannequin. We call pacifiers by many names but that's the most widely understood. Do you really call girls Sheilas or is that just an American assumption? What's a fortnight?
Renee, you bake well! Your brownies the other night were DELICIOUS!
Colleen, thanks for the compliment. I thought my post was rather boring but there were random pictures that I wanted to post and thought that this meme would be suitable for it! Now you've got me curious--what does your Dad call them? (If you can say.)
we used to have a beagle. he was a psycho. we had him for all of 3 months and I HATED HIM.
cute double fister (pacifier)
r
Bernadette was sitting on my lap while I was reading your Quick Takes and she saw Morgan's picture and asked me if it was Jane Banks (from Mary Poppins)! :) I had almost forgotten that she looks like her.
This was just lovely to read! Your little boy with his pacifiers made me laugh - so cute! Thanks for dropping by at my blog and commenting. What you wrote was so interesting and I did reply.
Great takes.
--Love the dragons.
--So glad no one else caught the bug.
--The paci photo is hilarious.
BTW, the kids' RR cookbook is wonderful. We like a lot of the recipes, and my preschooler has fun being my assistant chef.
Hi Aubrey,
Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier this week. I enjoyed reading your quick 7. I am going to do my own this morning.
Our youngest is nearly 4 now and he loved his dummy (pacifier). He constantly had them in his mouth and I remember him doing the same thing as Isaiah one time. We didn't really end up taking them away from him. He just started sleeping sometimes without them and then seemed to just give them all up just like that. We haven't had one in the house for a while now.
Therese
LOL, I just saw Aussie Therese comment... and I knew she must be an Aussie before I looked at her name. She said 'dummy' ;)
Aubrey, dummy is also used for the same thing you mentioned (stupid person, mannequin), but for some reason, it is the most common name for your pacifier, here.
'Sheila' is a real Aussie slang word, and you might hear it more frequently in the outback,... not so much in cities. I can't stand that title actually, lol. I think Paul Hogan in Crocodile Dundee might have given the impression that we Australians all talk like he does, lol. He is doing more of a send up of years gone by.
The real 'Aussie' slang seems to be less in use these days, as we have had many other cultures join our ranks and perhaps, have become more, ahem... refined ;)
A fortnight is a 2 week period. ie instead of saying "see you in 2 weeks', we say "see you in a fortnight". What do you guys say for this?
This is fun! See, blogging is useful and educational afterall, lol
THANK you, Amanda, for telling me what a fortnight is. I've been trying to figure that out for the last 30 years. I suppose I could just as easily google it but I've gotten different answers by trying to look it up. I see it sometimes in British writing but we don't use it in America. We would say, "see you in two weeks!"
Got to go for now--supper's on the stove. :)
I say Isaiah is one smart kid!
I use that Mexican vanilla like it is going out of style! I have had several people bring some for me... my bottle looked different than yours, though. Different brand I guess! Pops and I are going to Cancun in March... if I find some, I have planned to buy for myself... I'll stick an extra bottle or two in my bag for you, too. Do you like the dark or clear?
Had a beagle, Dixie was her name. She was a major female dog if you catch that drift. We gave her to a couple who didn't have children when my oldest was just over a year old and started walking around with crackers. She tried to steal them and once got his arm. Didn't break the skin, but too close for comfort. Now we have the most loving docile dog EVER. She used to be a spaz, but she is old and has calmed down dramatically. Her favorite pastime is sleeping in the sun.
My littlest used a pacifier and my kids named it a "sucker." I mean, really, what do they do with the thing?!?! So, people would ask them, at a store or dr. office, if they wanted a sucker and they would look at the adult like they were nuts! That was great fun! Those candy suckers are called lollipops at our house! We used to put her sucker in her mouth upside down (she used NUK, so there is a top and bottom) to see what she would do. It was hilarious to watch her spin it around right side up with her tongue!!!
LOVE Isaiah's picture... silly boy!
Post a Comment