Monday, November 1, 2010

Little Boy Heaven

Noah is a little boy.  He likes trucks, trains, and tractors.  He likes dirt, sand, and water.  He likes Transformers, Star Wars, and Matchbox cars.  Most of all, he likes to be outdoors.  As long as the boy is outside, he is happy.  There exists something very magical in this little boy's world ... my grandparents' acreage.  They bought this acreage when I was three, and moved out of town.  The best part is, we're welcome there whenever we can come, and my grandparents are able to take Noah for days at a time.  My Grandpa is an avid outdoorsman.  He loves hunting, gardening, horses, fishing, and woodworking ... all things that Noah loves. 

Noah has been acting up lately.  He's a good boy, but he's less obedient, unhappy oftener, quickly set into a temper, and has been picking on Isaiah daily.  I thought that rather than more punishments, he needed some one-on-one time with my grandparents.  They were happy to oblige.  When we settled on a date, I drove him to their home on a Wednesday after school.  I left my son and my camera with them, and came back on Friday.  Friday, we got home and I uploaded the pictures from the camera.  This is some of what I had:


Grandpa and Noah walked through the already-harvested adjacent cornfield to pick up left over ears and kernels to feed to the horses.

The horses come to the fence when someone bangs the white bucket on the fence.


Grandpa and Grandma said that there were many, many hikes around the pond.


Noah helped Grandpa get ready for winter by pounding loose nails into the dock.

My grandpa took this picture of Noah digging sawdust out from under his tablesaw.  The next picture in the series shows the cord of the tablesaw draped over the top ... to show me that it wasn't plugged in at the time.  The funny thing is, my grandpa is the LAST person on earth I'd worry about regarding safety!



On Thursday, my grandpa took Noah along to the lumberyard.  On Friday, Noah stayed with Grandma and the employees asked Grandpa where his helper was.

Grandpa made Noah a birdhouse, and these blocks of scrapwood to play with.

Did I forget to mention that another of Noah's favorite things is FIRE?

One of Noah's many block-creations

Noah took this picture of my grandpa covered in blocks.

Off in the distance is Noah and my grandma walking around the pond.  Grandma said that they did this almost all day on Friday.  I bet she was exhausted!

There's always a sign to greet us, when we get to Grandpa and Grandma's house.  Noah made it this time!

No comments: