Monday, January 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook Volume 37

FOR TODAY... January 25, 2010

Outside my window ... it is calm but cold. High temps have been above freezing for the last week (maybe more) and so we can see concrete on the street again and, in some places, grass.

I am thinking ... about how we will have a new baby in this house in less than 4 weeks. It seems almost unreal some days! I can't wait to meet her.

I am thankful for ... Tylenol

I am wearing ... jeans, a T-shirt, wool socks and mocs, a zip up hoodie, and a baby girl with her heels under my ribs.

I am remembering ... to give extra cuddles to my two year old and to my other children.

I am going ... to keep plugging away at my very long To-Do list.

I am currently reading ... Reasons to Believe by Scott Hahn.

I am hoping ... for weather which leaves our streets navigable and doesn't break my husband's back (read: very little snow and ice).

On my mind ... this upcoming cesarean. This will be my fifth. Worrying about it kept me up until 1:30 this morning. I laid in bed and thought too much about it, worried too much about the pain afterward, the length of recovery, and possible complications. I worry how I'll tuck my kids in for naps (climbing stairs), how I'll keep up with laundry (more stairs), and how my body will react to yet another major abdominal surgery. My heart was pounding and I felt like crying. I say this not for sympathy but simply to state it. I'm so frustrated with my inability to control this fear. I need to remember to look forward to this new baby and not so much the way in which she will arrive. After all, it is out of my control and I need to remember that it's in God's hands.

Noticing that ... time is beginning to pass rather quickly. I'll be holding this baby before I know it!

Pondering these words ... "Be not afraid. I go before you always. Come, follow me and I will give you rest."

From the kitchen ... it's clean. Do I really have to cook stuff?

Around the house ... Having conquered the laundry (mostly), I'm working on cleaning, straightening, and rearranging the mess of a toy room that we have in our basement.

One of my favorite things ... on a shallower note, my iPod Touch.

From my picture journal...::
Remember to visit Peggy,
our gracious host!

9 comments:

Colleen said...

Awww, Aubrey I feel such sympathy for your c-section fears. That's always been a fear of mine when I am pregnant, and I have never had to go through it (Thank God). I know you've got an awesome hubby, a big extended family, and great kids, and they will help you out with your recovery. Can't wait to hear the baby girl news!!!

Jodi said...

Hi Aubrey,

I found you through the Daybook blog. I'm wondering if you have found Morgan over at Adventures in Diapering and Beyond (http://adventuresindiapering.blogspot.com/). I just found her blog...she writes quite a bit about her c-sections--4 in four years...and possibly another. You would find her "About Me" section interesting.

My prayers are with you. I had one c-section, not 4, so I only know a bit of what you are experiencing...just a bit.

Much love to you and your beautiful family,
Jodi

kim said...

I was up a few nights ago fearing the pain of childbirth as well. I honestly FEAR it more than anything since my last one especially was incredibly more painful than any other one in the past. Pain meds did not work at all. I was sobbing in pain.

I fear having to get a c section. never had one.

Diane said...

Oh, baby stuff!!! :)

(ps--my baby's smile isn't toothless any more! He's cut four teeth since the day after Christmas. I was sad to see it go!)

Shirley said...

How exciting to have a new baby in the house! :)

I have one of the very same to do lists. Sometimes I feel like I only mark off an item, only to add another. haha!

Have a great week!!

Felicity said...

I know the feeling of being awake with fear. I lay awake for nights before my 6th was born worrying about whether I'd cope with the birth pain, as well as with the workload after. I coped with the birth, and I'm (semi)coping now. My thoughts are with you. It's so exciting to know you'll soon get to meet this little person that's kicking your ribs..
Blessings,
Felicity

Anonymous said...

You have many, many people praying for you!! I wish I could help in some way. You just live to far away! Seriously though, know that there are many of us thinking of you and praying for you, both here and in heaven.

Mom P said...

Grandpa and Grandma P are here to help anytime. Just let us know when and how.

Selina said...

I don't think it's by chance that
God lead me here today. God has people we've never met praying for, I am now one of those people in your life. You have a beautiful family and God has already brought you through 4 times and He is still on the throne and still in control this 5th time.