Friday, January 8, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday Volume 19

7 Things I'm Going to Miss When the Kids Grow Up

1. My two year old comes into my room and wakes me up by saying, "Mommy, I hungwy."

2. When Isaiah gets in a pickle, he'll call me to help him by saying, "Mom? Mommy? Mom? Mommy?" and I'll ignore him because I want the pickle that he's not supposed to be in to stick in his memory (I don't want him to climb up to that spot again). Eventually, he'll start calling, "Mommy? Aubrey? Mom? Aubrey?"

3. My kids, at ages 7,6, and 5, can tell me what a hypothesis is, what an herbivore is and what it eats, and what reversible and irreversible change are. I love it when young children use big scientific terms!

4. I love dress up, especially when a towel, an old blanket, or a curtain becomes a super hero cape.

5. Whenever Noah is in a new or slightly intimidating situation, he seeks reassurance by saying, "Mom, I love you," often.

6. My kids still drag their blankets around. Morgan has to carry the scraps.

7. The response to, "Isaiah, you are so handsome," is an indignant, "I not handsome, I Isaiah!"

::

Be sure to visit Jennifer to read her Quick Takes and those of other bloggers.

::

No comments: