Monday, January 11, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook Volume 35

FOR TODAY... January 11, 2010

Outside my window... SUNNY!! Because of all of the snow on the ground (and everywhere else), it's BRIGHT, too. It's finally into the 20s here. What a good feeling that is after a couple of weeks with highs closer to zero.

I am thinking... Actually, I'm not really thinking about anything except having a baby.

I am thankful for... health!

I am wearing... jeans, a big T-shirt, a fleece jacket, and a baby girl around my waist and up under my ribs.

I am remembering... I'm not very good at remembering right now, either. My brain cells are all preoccupied with finishing this baby. My memory is nearing the pathetic stage.

I am going... to keep nesting as the urges are finally here. There's a long list of things to do and only a little more than a month in which to do them!

I am currently reading... The Love Dare and The Acts of the Apostles

I am hoping... that this baby will stay put until her set delivery date: February 19th. I haven't had one try to come early yet but since I have to have a cesarean anyway, I'd like to stick to the schedule. :)

On my mind... My to-do list. It became so long last night that I couldn't sleep. I think I'll keep a notebook on my nightstand with a pencil so I can jot down things I worry about (all little things) and sleep better!

Noticing that... 28 degrees feels pretty nice after weeks of bitter cold!

Pondering these words... "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." This quote is attributed to Abraham Lincoln. I'm trying to remember to listen more and speak less.

From the kitchen... Pork chops and a few more healthy meals this week

Around the house... An electrician came today to repair a fixture in the basement that was fried. He'll deliver an estimate for recessed lighting; it would be a relief to have that after these silly looking, exposed flourescent fixtures. It was a relief to open the door and recognize the electrician, an usher from our parish. I always feel better having a familiar person in my home for repairs.

One of my favorite things~ a new baby! Be sure to visit Peggy, our gracious host, to read her Daybook and those of other Simple Women!

From my picture journal...::
Be sure to visit Peggy, our gracious host, to read her Daybook and those of other Simple Women!
::

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

28 degrees! And that is NOT bitter cold?? Never mind I don't want to move to Nebraska! lol

Kati said...

Love the picture! Thanks for the Christmas card! :) Hope you and baby are well.

Sandra said...

You're still wearing maternity jeans???? ;-) I'm down to my oh so stretchy khakis & sweats! I like that photograph of your family. How is this for insane...I'm excited for Fall of 2010 to get a family photo taken! LOL

Colleen said...

I was coming over here to say thank you for sending that gorgeous picture of your family! You are hanging on our kitchen wall :) My husband's like, "Who's that? Is that the one from Nebraska?" Hahaha, he talks about my blogging buddies like he knows them!

Kelly said...

My dear , read the blog -Meditation from the Cardinal Nest - by Ruth !
http://meditationsfromthecardinalsnest.blogspot.com
At January 7 post ,you will see one amazing story about one amazing sister .She`s looking for founds to feed some hungryes childrens .
I just thinking how i can realy help !??
I pray that Joy For All will minister to it's visitors
and will encourage and bless everyone in some way.
We can identify with the disciples. At times, we have
a tendency to focus on the things that are going on around us instead of the One that is in control of all things. When that happens, reality may seem overwhelming, and the problems appear unsolvable. However, we must realize to be fearful
is to lack faith in God and in His provision for us. True faith focuses on God, not on the things that are happening.
Psalm 139:11-12
If I say, surely the darkness shall fall on me,
Even the night shall be light about me.
Indeed, the darkness shall not hide
from You, but the night shines as the day,
the darkness and the light are both
a like to You.
in Jesus love >>