
1. With only 10 weeks to go, I am starting to feel a little funny. Most women start to get jittery about labor and delivery (as they should) but I start to get jittery about cesarean recovery. This being my fifth C-section, I know what lies ahead and it's not fun. Maybe this recovery will be easier than the others. On the other hand, I cannot wait to see this baby girl who has been growing inside of me for nearly seven months! I'm looking forward to cuddling her and nursing her and loving her. I can't wait to introduce her to her brothers and sisters and for her father to be able to hold her.
2. For those of you outside of Nebraska, we had a large snow storm and the kids were out of school for 3 days, Jeremy was off of work for 2 days. We call those snow days. Snow days at home have given my husband a little extra time to do the things he normally can't get to. He removed the carpet from our bedroom to reveal a pretty wood floor. It needs only a good cleaning and looks great! In addition to that, we bought a real bed! Up until now, we've had our king sized mattresses on a bed frame with no headboard. But our sleigh bed will be arriving later this evening and I am very excited about it. I almost feel like a grown up!
3. I've been rather lazy about visiting blogs and leaving comments. Please don't take it personally and please excuse me. It seems that one thing or another has come up and I get behind on reading and then just don't. I promise I'm still interested, just busy.
4. I'm done with snow. Let's call it quits for the winter. Snow is greatly overrated.
5. My iPod Touch is awesome. You have got to get one.
6. Speaking of babies, we thought we had chosen her name but in a recent discussion, decided to start examining our favorites list again to see if we can choose something that appeals to us a little more. We like the name we had chosen but aren't excited about it like we think we should be. Who is this little person? Hmmmm....
7. Our kids are each going to receive three Christmas gifts this year. After all, Christ was given just three gifts--gold, frankincense, and myrrh. So one toy or toy set, one 2009 photo book which I made using Blurb, and one Christmas ornament to add to our tree.
::
Be sure to visit Jennifer over at Conversion Diary to read her Quick Takes and those of other bloggers.
10 comments:
I never had a Csection.
good luck on a name...we are still deciding on ours as well.
I know what you mean about the bed and feeling grown up. We bought a new mattress for the first time earlier this year. We had been sleeping on a mattress set that came with our bed from an auction. So going to buy a brand new mattress...pretty exciting!
I'm done with snow, too! It's so much more work to go anywhere with the kids.
We're excited about doing the three gift thing this Christmas. Adam and I found a website where a family had posted how they do it in their house. They defined categories for the gifts which correlate with the meaning/representation of the gifts of the Magi. Does that make sense? Here's the website: http://www.c--h--s.com/thejesusgifts/gifts.htm
I will keep you in my prayers as you get closer to meeting your little one!
I'm with you. I've had three C's now, and this one was rough. I thought the 2nd was easy, but maybe I was just shellshocked after a postnatal diagnosis of Down's, and that's why it didn't feel that bad. You know, too much on my mind.
We also had trouble naming our third, and it was the same thing you described.
Your kids are beautiful, BTW.
You are getting close now! I swear December just flies right on by then does January. So exciting for you and your family. Congrats again.
I like the idea of the 3 presents per child. Last year I worked full time as did my husband so this Christmas its alittle different having to budget Christmas in with only one salary. Yikes. I feel like I have not boughten my children enough for Christmas but your post really changed my mine. Thanks!!!!
Can totally feel you on the C-section. It's making me question exactly how many kids I really should have. I have only had one so far, and it was the roughest thing I have ever had to do. Even though TECHNICALLY I don't actually know you, I'll be thinking of ya - it's the online Mama thing. I feel like I know you through your blog. :)
Love your quick takes, Aubrey. :) With you on the snow -- We didn't get nearly as much as you guys this snow storm, but I'm really sick of the mud being tracked in! (Ya know, I was kinda rooting for the "global warming"). And I understand exactly what you mean about the different kind of anticipation about C-sections. We've done it both ways (7 reg deliveries, 3 c-sections), and it really is the recovery that's daunting about the c-sections. And having to run the household and care for the baby while recovering from major surgery is nothing to take lightly. I feel for you. But that sweet pink bundle will be all the consolation you'll need for sure. :) As for names -- here's a thought: When we waver (or dispute) names, we ask the new baby's Guardian Angel to weigh in, and it is always somehow resolved perfectly... Can't wait to hear what you choose! Blessings and stay warm!
Baby naming is one of the hardest things Steve and I have ever discussed.
I have often thought that snow is overrated. We haven't ever lived with snow but one day I would love to visit a place with snow.
How funny--we are still headboardless! Maybe someday we'll arrive in adulthood!
Do your kids give gifts to each other? To their grandparents? Godparents? We've always just drawn pictures, but Andrew is getting big enough to maybe do something more. I'm just curious!
Just found your blog over at Simple Woman's Daybook. Someone told us years ago about giving only 3 gifts because that was the number Jesus received. We have doing that ever since.
Post a Comment