Monday, December 1, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook Volume 4

Visit Peggy, the creator of The Simple Woman's Daybook!
For Today, December 1st, 2008

Outside my window...Noah is outdoors playing with the snow and ice that accumulated this weekend. The sun is out! It's 29 degrees outside and it's beautiful. There's a gallon of orange juice sitting on the deck keeping cool because our fridge is PACKED with leftovers!

I am thinking...about how great it is to be part of a large family. Even when three of my siblings are unable to join us for Thanksgiving, there's still six of us making mischief together.

I am thankful for...the family gatherings that we had last week. We got together with Jeremy's extended family last Sunday at the farm and then with Jeremy's immediate family on Thanksgiving day. His mom made a ham and a turkey and some pretty amazing food. We spent the whole day out at their house just talking and playing. Friday, my mom, her parents, and some of my brothers and sisters came over and Mom cooked up an amazing meal. My nine-months-pregnant sister made some pretty amazing food, too! Saturday was the same story; everyone was here for left overs. Sunday we spent the first part of the day with my family and the last part of the day with Jeremy's family again. What a weekend!

Learning at school and at home...Morgan's reading skills amaze me! I love the little books we borrow from the library that she can read with very little help. Madeleine went through her sight word flashcards with me last night several times. She gets frustrated easily; I have to be a sort of chameleon teacher and adjust to her needs quickly in order to keep her on track. Noah just came to me with two raisins stuck in his nostrils. Apparently he's not learning much. Isaiah's vocabulary has expanded this morning. Snow is his new word.

From the kitchen...leftovers, leftovers, leftovers!

I am wearing...A longsleeved tan shirt, a black fuzzy zip up hoodie, jeans, socks, and Crocs.

I am creating...secret Christmas gifts for family.

I am going...to go crazy waiting for my new little nephew to arrive. He was due yesterday!

I am reading...am I brave enough to tell? Okay...Twilight. There. I said it.

I am hoping...for a safe and healthy delivery for my sister and her son and for a smooth adjustment for their family.

I am hearing...Mariah Carey belt out a Christmas song on the radio in the other room. Ick. I think I'll pick up that Enya CD that I read about on Are We There Yet. I could put in Mannheim Steamroller, too. Chip Davis is a native Nebraskan!

Around the house...Jeremy is home sick; he just went back to bed. Hopefully he's just worn out rather than actually sick. The orange juice on the deck is for him.

One of my favorite things...is going to Target and running into two women that I know and enjoying a little bit of conversation before coming home. You know who you are!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Bible study tonight with a group of amazing women at Annie's house, a dentist appointment tomorrow morning for a cleaning, a Youth JAM activity Wednesday evening, lots of reading with the girls and working on letters with Noah, and hopefully, there will be a new little nephew to cuddle soon.
You are welcome to view the rest of my blog; just click the title bar.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked your Daybook today. You must be from Nebraska? My husband's family lives just north of Omaha. In fact we've often driven past Chip Davis's house!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of your fridge full of leftovers. :)

Anonymous said...

When you mentioned the orange juice out on your deck it brought back memories of being in Italy in December and our friends keeping their sodas out on the ledge of their hotel window to keep them cold. Sometimes cold weather has its benefits doesn't it?

Jenny said...

Our first Thanksgiving here (after living in TX for a few months), I put the drinks on the porch to "cool" since there wasn't room in the fridge. We all had a good laugh when we came out to warm sodas that would've been cooler had they sat in the house! You sure make me homesick when you write about all your gatherings - you are so blessed and the beautiful thing is that you know it and don't take it for granted. May God continue to bless you for that. Happy 1st week of Advent.