Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Tagged!

Jessica over at Shower of Roses tagged me for this meme. The suggestion for this meme is to post the sixth picture from the sixth folder on my computer.
::
When I went to that folder and counted to six, I thought, "oh, that picture's boring and I don't want to post it." However, when I really thought about what it was and what I was feeling at the time that I took the picture, it became a really important one. It may not be the prettiest picture on my computer (too early for leaves outdoors), but it is definitely an important one.
On April 10th of this year, my Uncle Gaylord (our realtor) brought us back to our very first home. Three days earlier, we toured this house, made an offer, and accepted the counter offer. The day that I took this picture, the house had suddenly become our home. We had been renting up to this point, so the idea of having our very own place to live and raise a family brought me to my knees in thanksgiving. I was overwhelmed and grateful. I think that I offered up so many prayers of thanksgiving that God would hear me begin and think, "oh, it's her again!"
::
So this is the back of our home about a month before we moved in. The addition on the left makes one of the garage stalls double deep. The addition sticking out in the middle is our family room (where I'm sitting now). Between the two is the place where we now have the children's sandbox and playhouse. On the right is the deck and you can see the second level (a half story) windows on top.
::
Before you read the next part, know that I am not bragging, just thinking about what I am so grateful to have been given. God has been more than generous with us! There are so many things I love about this home. We are blessed with four bedrooms, a large kitchen and eating area, a living room and family room, a basement, and a large, attached garage. Our lot is pretty big for the neighborhood and although we are losing a battle with grubs and creeping charlie, there is lots of room to play in the yard. There is an oak floor hiding under the carpet in our bedroom. The kitchen has a great sink and faucet which have come in so handy, the garage doors are automatic and the garage is roomy, our neighbors are great, the Pella windows and doors are a mere 5 years old, there's a dimming switch on the hallway light and a humidifier on the furnace, a gas fireplace which requires no sweeping or wood, a sump pump in the basement, and so many things that I appreciate every day. Sometimes I still can't believe that it's ours!
::
Thanks, Jessica, for tagging me so that these memories are brought up again!
::
In the spirit of the meme, I am to tag six people:
::
Please do not feel obligated to do this. I am not going to be checking vigilantly to see if you've done it--this is just for fun! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your home is beautiful. I loved reading about it. I didn't think you were bragging at all. It's a blessing to have a place to love and call home.
I love my home too, even though it's old and lovingly shabby.
Home is where the heart is.
(I participated in the meme...thanks!)

Jessica Gordon said...

What a perfect post/picture! I loved reading what you had to say about your home. Thanks for playing along!

:) Have a great weekend Aubrey!