I was tagged for this meme by Regina and we all know how much I love music. It is my favorite thing. Some people have round blood cells but mine must be shaped like whole notes and my ears are receivers for 3/4 and 6/8 time signatures. My feet can't hold still for a good song and I love to dance with my babies in the kitchen.
I'll post the lyrics, you guess the song and post the title and/or the artist in the comments section. If you've not left a comment before, click on Comments and follow the instructions. No cheating! I'll post the answers later this weekend.
1. Confusion never stops, closing walls and ticking clocks, Gonna come back and take you home, I could not stop that you now know, singing, Come out upon my seas, curse missed opportunities. Am I a part of the cure or am I part of the disease? ....Home, home, where I wanted to go....
2. Let's go drive till morning comes and watch the sunrise and fill our souls up....It's crazy I'm thinking just knowing that the world is round and here I'm dancing on the ground. Am I right side up or upside down? And is this real or am I dreaming?
3. The fullness of your grace is here with me. The richness of your beauty's all I see. The brightness of your glory has arrived. In your presence, God, I'm completely satisfied. For you, I sing, I dance. I rejoice in this divine romance.
4. So hold me, whisper gently this is what we're made for, how we learn who we are, it defines us, ever reminding us that life never is more precious than this.
5. To turn away and not become another nail to pierce the skin of one who loves more deeply than the oceans, more abundant than the tears of a world embracing every heartache....Can I be the one to sacrifice, or grip the spear and watch the blood and water flow?
6. World's on fire, it's more than I can handle. Tap into the water, try to bring my share. Try to bring more, more than I can handle, bring it to the table, bring what I am able.
7. Could I have been anyone other than me? Then I'll sing and dance, I'll play for you tonight, the thrill of it all. Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes but I'll work it out and then I look up at the sky, my mouth is open wide. Lick and taste, what's the use in worrying? What's the use in hurrying? Turn, turn, we almost become dizzy!
8. [Man] I feel like hell tonight, tears of rage I cannot fight, I'll be the last to help you understand. Are you strong enough to be my man?
9. You fill up my senses like a night in a forest, like a mountain in springtime, like a walk in the rain, like a storm in the desert, like a sleepy blue ocean, you fill up my senses, come fill me again. Come, let me love you, let me give my life to you. Let me drown in your laughter, let me die in your arms, let me lay down beside you, let me always be with you.
10. Cause I wonder sometimes about the outcome of a still, verdictless life, am I living it right? ....Might be a quarter life crisis, or just a stirring in my soul. Either way, I wonder sometimes about the outcome...
BONUS
11. Those creatures jumped the barricades and have headed for the sea. She began to breathe, to breathe, at the thought of such freedom, stood and whispered to her child: belong. She held the child and whispered with calm, calm: belong.
I tag Staci (if she has time) because I'm curious what she'll post! If anyone else reads this and wants to try, give it a go and let me know!
2 comments:
man i didnt do as well as I thought i would...
1?
2. DMB dont know the dame of the song but it starts 'Crazy how it feel tonight' ooh ooh wait maybe it is crush??
3. guessing Christian band and i dont listen to no christian music
4.?
5. see #3
6. ?
7. DMB again dont know the title (their titles are hard to think of unless they are obvious). maybe 2 step? shall i sing to prove i know it...could i have been a parking lot attendant, could i have been a millionaire in bel air...
8. sheryl crow-strong enough (was just listening to this song)
9. john denver but i dont know the name of the song.
10. ?
11. ?
Now, i cant imagine you wouldnt have done a sarah song so since 6 sounds vaguely familiar i am guessing that is one of hers though the lyrics of 11 leans me to that one for her too.
muy fun
r
Man... I'm bad with lyrics. I knew 7 and 8 and a few others sound so familiar I can hear the tune start in my head, but I have no idea of the names of any but those two. I'm lame.
I'll try to think of some good ones to post after the kids are in bed sometime soon. I love name that tune stuff despite being awful at it myself. :)
Post a Comment