My name is Aubrey and I am a scent junkie. I love (good) smelling things. I love to smell things when I'm in a good mood and I love to smell things when I'm in a bad mood. If I have a rough day, I love nothing more than to relax in the bathtub with a good book or magazine and a bath bomb or bubble bar.
LUSH has just blown me away with the scents they produce. Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy line is great, too. I love to wash my hands or body with scented soap: Banana Moon smells like bananas going on and leaves a pleasant flowery smell when rinsed. Waylander Rhassoul smells like mud and Frankincense but after it's rinsed off, just Frankincense. Karma just rocks. I also love Lavender Chamomile, or Eucalyptus Spearmint. Blue Skies from LUSH smells of Frankincense and cinnamon. My favorite conditioner is L'Oreal's EverPure Rosemary Mint. I use the conditioner and the leave-in conditioner. It smells like Colorado to me. It also happens to work well with my curly hair.
I've discovered that I'm instantly excited, when shopping, about things that contain peppermint, lavender, rosemary, or Frankincense. I also really love cinnamon, when it's done well. I can't stand chemical smells. I don't use (or rarely use) air fresheners like Febreeze or Glade plug-ins. It almost gives me a headache. I love real, earthy smells, smells that exist in nature.
I love the way that Basil smells when I stick my face into the plants in my planter. I love the way that Rosemary smells when it's picked and crushed between the fingers. I love the smell of Marjoram and Lavender, also crushed between the fingers. I love the smell of wet earth and the musty smell of hiking in the woods or a forest. I love the smell of burning leaves or wood.
I burn incense, especially Nag Champa, and sprinkle lavender and peppermint oil into the carpet in the house.
I love the smell of babies, of their breath, the nursing-milky smell, and--yes--even spit up.
I wish that instead of a video camera, I had a scent camera. I wish I could capture Maria's baby smell, the way she smells when I bury my nose in her neck and when she breathes on my face, the smell of my grandma's house, and the smell of a certain place on my grandparents' acreage where the pine trees are. I wish I could capture the scent of the air at Cottonwood hot springs in Colorado, the smell of Seattle in the spring. I wish I could capture the smell of the air outside when snow has fallen and is just beginning to melt; the air smells so crisp and clean.
My name is Aubrey and I am a scent junkie. I can't help it!
5 comments:
Me too! Me too! You are not alone. I love to smell things. I love seasoned scents. I can often be found flipping through library books and smelling them too. It may be odd, but I love to smell esp. good scents :)
If you had the scent you enjoy all the time, it wouldn't have the awe of catching a breath. I still remember the smell of a lumber town we went to in Minnesota. Everything smelled of fresh pine. It was the most incredible thing. One of my favorite smells is honeysuckle. When you come around the corner and ther it is.
I use that shampoo and conditioner too...I'd use Aveda stuff if I could afford it because I really like those deep musky/earthy/invigorating scents too.
I love love love those earthy smells too...I actually have a custom Aveda purfume sent to me yearly from a salon in MT (because I can't get it here). I could easily be caught in the aisle at the Health Food Market in HyVee with the laundry soaps and body stuff. There is a really stong smell of lavendar, mint and eucalyptus there. :) I'll just smile and think of you the next time I pick up a box of detergent and inhale deeply.
I would like to include the smell in nebraska after a rain. seattle just doesn't get that smell.
I'm going to try and steal a little bit of your spotlight. My name is Seth and I am an apple junky. I love everything apple-flavored and scented(the products that i think smell and taste good, anyway). jolly ranchers, apples themselves(preferrably jonathan brand) apple pies, and hundreds more. That i happen to love apple computers is completely coincidence, but I'm going to add that in there too. my opinion, briefly put, is that they do wonders for quality, simplicity, design, and function. i also happen to have been using them since childhood, and have never gotten a virus, nor had virus software.
Post a Comment