Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Time Out Woes
With kids in the other room, Isaiah's hand over his mouth, and Maria making noise on my shoulder, you're probably wondering: what exactly are we saying? After all, the funny part happened a few seconds ago and now I'm trying to catch him repeating it. A little prompting was necessary.
::
Me: Who do you need?
Isaiah: Grandma P--------
Me: Why are you in time out?
Isaiah: cause
Me: Because you hit your brother with a big old stick? And what are you sitting here crying about that you need? (I love my sleep-deprived version of English)
Isaiah: Grandma D------ and Grandma P--------
Me: Oh, okay.
::
What happened before my attempted recreation? Isaiah sat in his seat wailing. After a minute of wailing, the random cries turned to more pointed statements, "I need Grandma D------. I'm in time out. Waaaaaaaaah. I need Grandma P--------. I need Grandma D------. I'm in time out. Waaaaah." That's when I grabbed the camera.
::
Recorded March 18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Too cute. When Rose is in time out, she often wails for her little brother. "Ja-a-a-a-mie! (sob) Ja-aa-a-mie! (sob)" Like a one year old is going to dash in and rescue her from time out.
It's so good to be needed.
Post a Comment