FOR TODAY ... February 24, 2010Outside my window ... It's cold. Enough already!
I am thinking ... about how great a hospital vacation is. Although it's difficult to get much sleep with midnight nursing sessions, intermittent nurse visits (they come bearing terrific pain killers), and the occasional 3 a.m. blood draw, food is delivered to my room 3 times a day and it's quiet with the occasional lullaby announcing the delivery of another baby.
I am thankful for ... the lactation nurse at the hospital. She showed me how to latch Maria better and gave me a prescription cream. The combination of the two made nursing pain-free within two days. It's always taken me about four WEEKS to get my body used to nursing. I'm going to call her tomorrow to thank her.
I am wearing ... sweats!
I am remembering ... the feeling of seeing Maria for the first time in the delivery room. She didn't look like any one in particular and has a head full of jet black hair. My other kids are blond! I remember smiling when my doctor poked his head around the curtain to say that Baby had a lot of hair, before they had finished delivering her. We had been discussing it ahead of time. I was so excited!
I am going ... to enjoy spending these next couple of weeks with a new baby and my husband off of work! I've been resting a lot and nursing a lot. In fact, I should probably be in bed right now because we've had quite a few short nights lately. :)
I am currently reading ... nothing currently. The Olympics are on TV!
I am hoping ... that my family stays healthy and that Maria sleeps tonight like she did last night. As long as I keep her in bed with me, she'll sleep for 2.5-3 hours at a time between feedings. Yay, Maria!
On my mind ... sleep. Or maybe a lack thereof.
Noticing that ... time slows down when I spend all of my time admiring my five beautiful children and their handsome father. I've also noticed that a baby with four siblings doesn't get put down. A baby who doesn't get put down doesn't like to be put down. This baby will sleep only in bed with us or while she's being held and doesn't like to be put down during the day. Hmmmm.
From the kitchen ... friends have been bringing meals. I'm so very grateful, as it gives me extra time to rest, heal, and enjoy my baby and figure out how to balance homework time with nursing and figure out whose turn it is to hold Maria and for how long.
Around the house ... There's stuff sitting everywhere. We are chipping away at the task of unpacking the kids from their weekend at their grandparents' home and our weekend at the hospital. We'll get there.
One of my favorite things ... nursing and baby's breath
From my picture journal ...
9 comments:
She's beautiful, Aubrey! Congratulations!
adorable. My 2nd one had black hair too like that. It all fell out and came back blondish...lol.
and I agree about having 4 others to help hold the baby.
Thank you, thank you for the beautiful pictures!!! There's nothing like a new baby with her momma. ;)
For cuddle-loving-being-held-loving babies, I say, thank goodness for the babywrap/sling! (And for all your willing and eager helpers!) :)
That first picture gave me chills it's so lovely. Mmmmm to hold a tiny one and rest with her on your chest - it has to be one of the greatest feelings in the world!
And baby breath. LOVE it.
Look at that hair! Oh wow, Aubrey, I am so happy for you. You have truly been blessed with those FIVE beautiful faces!!!
This has to be my favorite daybook entry of all time. You make me excited about my baby! And that picture of you holding your sweet Maria, melted my heart.
Post a Comment