Monday, February 1, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook Volume 38

FOR TODAY ... February 1, 2010

Outside my window ... snow is coming down slowly. We're expecting less than an inch.

I am thinking ... about my almost-here baby. Sorry, no deep thoughts today.

I am thankful for ... our Monsignor. He's so affectionate with his parishioners, especially with children and is so gentle with pregnant mothers. When I went up for the blessing of Saint Blaise yesterday after Mass, he blessed my throat and then my unborn child. Ah, it is wonderful to be a part of a pro-life parish whose members believe that I'm carrying a living baby and not just a fetus.

I am wearing ... sweats and a T-shirt, socks, sneakers, and a baby around my waist.

I am remembering in prayer ... friends of mine who have lost babies to miscarriage over the last nine months. This touches my heart (makes it ache) even more as I am carrying my own baby to term.

I am going ... to host bible study tonight.

I am currently reading ... Life Giving Love by Kimberly Hahn

I am hoping ... for a quick and easy recovery from Baby's cesarean birth. :)

On my mind ... baby countdown only. 18 days.

Noticing that ... my 7 1/2 year old daughter is such a help around the house. She's begun to get up each morning, get dressed, and she'll grab four bowls and pour cereal and milk for herself, her sister, and her brothers. I thank her every morning and put a quarter in her jar. It's such a small thing she does but such a big help to me.

Pondering these words ... "It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may life as you wish." (Mother Teresa of Calcutta)

From the kitchen ... taco salad tonight, chili later in the week, French dip sandwiches too.

Around the house ... signs of baby are showing up everywhere: a case of diapers here, folded baby clothes in a readied crib, a little flowered dress hanging there, a nursing cover ready for use.

One of my favorite things ... sleep

From my picture journal ... a 36 weeks pregnant me with Madeleine::
Remember to visit Peggy, our gracious host!

::

8 comments:

Selina said...

This is the second time I have visited you blog and both times have enjoyed my visit. I posted your name in my prayer journal. Just rest in Him and He shall bring it to pass.

Colleen said...

I love how your daughter gets breakfast ready. I will be teaching my almost-seven year old to do the same. That is such a big help when we have four hungry mouths in the morning!

And I love your top in that picture. You look just divine!!

Jocelyn said...

What a sweet picture. Maybe soon one with the new baby. Thanks for sharing about your day.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Staci said...

I'm making your taco salad later this week and I'm very excited! I would probably switch it to tonight, but have some chicken thawed that I need to use first. Oh well. Soon!

I love the Mother Teresa quote. I need to remember that one.

elm said...

18 days!!! WOW! I bet your body is just aching... Prayers for you and a safe delivery and a quick recovery!

Anonymous said...

You look so wonderful Aubrey... and what a cute little bump you have!

~ Amanda (Australia)

Anonymous said...

These days are the longest, aren't they? When you are so close... I am so excited for you!

Regina said...

i love that mother teresa quote! i am ready to be done too. . . 9 more weeks to go
r