Friday, November 20, 2009

House Concert Featuring Sarah Sample

We were blessed to host a House Concert last night with Sarah Sample. With her came Paul Jacobsen and Ryan Tanner. Each are independent artists but are traveling together for this series. They played their own songs in turn but played with each other. The blend was absolutely amazing; these artists complement each other very well. It was like sitting in Heaven; I could have listened for hours.

A house concert, if you are not familiar with this, is just what it sounds like. Sarah, Paul, and Ryan brought their equipment in and set it up in our family room. We moved out the larger pieces of furniture and borrowed chairs and stools. My brother took the children downstairs and kept them quiet. We had about 20 guests: family, friends, and even a couple of people whom we did not know. We all enjoyed a concert made up of two 45 minute sets. What a treat!

They played Born to Fly, 4th of July, You're the Song, It's All I've Got, Everytime I Go, Dearest Elaine, Count the Colors, Time, Good Life, Washington Square, At That Day, Mercy Me, My Madeline, and Jesus Savior Pilot Me. Before the official show began, Sarah played Noah for our Noah, who was then the happiest camper in the room. He was so tickled. After the show, Sarah graced us with Sinking Into Sweetness, another favorite of mine.

I can't say enough how great the music was and how kind each of these musicians are. This was my introduction to Ryan's and Paul's music and I very much enjoyed it. I look forward to enjoying the new CDs which we bought and hope to hear them play again someday!

To hear the artists' music and read more about them, please check their websites:
Sarah Sample
Paul Jacobsen
Ryan Tanner (Atherton is the name of his band)
Sarah Sample
Ryan TannerPaul Jacobsen Sarah
Aubrey and Sarah
::::::::::::::::::::::::::
If you happen to be reading this, Sarah, Paul, and Ryan, thank you so much for bringing your gifts into our home and sharing your music with us. We were pleased to have you and would love to have you again!

2 comments:

Kati said...

I'm glad your concert went well! Sorry we missed it!

Smith's Asian Adventure said...

Aubrey, thanks for hosting such an unforgetable evening. The band was quite talented and super funny. We hope it won't be the last time they tour Lincoln at the Potter house. Love you, Carrie