Thursday, September 10, 2009

Really?

I sat in a drive thru line tonight behind an SUV. The SUV had a bumper sticker which said, "Against abortion? Don't have one." Well, duh.

It was a long wait, so I sat there and thought about bumper sticker come backs.

AGAINST CHILD ABUSE? DON'T HIT YOUR KID.

AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE? DON'T HIT YOUR SPOUSE.

AGAINST WAR? DON'T START ONE.

AGAINST MURDER? DON'T KILL ANYONE.

AGAINST CAPITAL PUNISHMENT? DON'T LOAD THE SYRINGE.

AGAINST DRUGS? DON'T USE THEM.

AGAINST DRUNK DRIVING? DON'T DRIVE DRUNK.

AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION? CLOSE YOUR EYES.

AGAINST SE*X OFFENDERS? DON'T BECOME ONE.

AGAINST EUTHANASIA? DON'T PULL THE PLUG.

AGAINST GENOCIDE? DON'T DO IT.

AGAINST THEFT? DON'T STEAL.

Mind your own business. Don't tell me how to live. That seems to be the message. I will too tell other people how to live if they can't make the correct moral decision themselves. We tell people not to murder, not to steal, not to drive drunk, and not to hurt children. Abortion is a heinous thing, just as awful as any of the other listed crimes.

Sometimes it's not all about you, the liberal. Sometimes it's about your neighbor, your fellow citizens, or your own child! If you can't figure that out, let me make the laws!

What about, "IF YOU CAN'T TRUST ME WITH A CHOICE, HOW CAN YOU TRUST ME WITH A CHILD?"

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh! The Pro-abortion mentality drives me CRAZY!

What's your bumper sticker?

10 comments:

Allison said...

i SO AGREE!

Aubrey, your incredible kindness and encouraging note for my sister has me deeply grateful. Thank you!!

Reaching out like this...thank you for letting me see Christ, thru you!

Diane said...

Though I don't have any actually on my vehicle, I sometimes like to invent bumperstickers. I can't think of any great ones right now, but they usually have to do with nfp. Of existing ones, I've always liked 'Save the Baby Humans.'

Sandra said...

Well done!

Mom P said...

Something to think about. One, size - a human life can be destroyed because of it's size. Two, place of resident - an unborn baby can be destroyed because of where is resides. Three, dependency - an unborn child can be destroyed because we don't want that little one dependent on us.

KimK said...

Heh. The most mind-blowing bumper sticker experience I ever had was the vehicle that had two: one said, simply, "Pro-Choice." The other? "Meat is murder."

Unbelievable.

Aubrey said...

Kim, that is among the crazier things I have seen or heard of, so illogical and backward. All I can do is sit here and shake my head! :(

seth said...

good message and well put. i like the responses too! :)

Regina said...

great bumper stickers (yours).

r

Lerin said...

Aubrey, what a great list of responses.

Mom P said...

Aubrey, your sister has grown into such a beautiful young lady. She was about Noah's size when you and Jeremy started dating.