Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook Volume 22: Oh, Baby!


Outside my window ... it's dark. My bible study friends have just left.
.
I am thinking ... about some exciting news: we are expecting our fifth child! Baby should arrive around February 27th!
.
Learning at home ... I have been slacking. I should be reviewing addition and subtraction facts and sight words with the girls and I haven't been as often as I should. Noah can write his name but he needs more practice. Get on it, Aubrey!
.
I am thankful for ... a new little addition to our family. God didn't have to bless us again but He did. I am so grateful.
.
From the kitchen ... grilled pork chops, fruit salad, potato salad, Fritos casserole.
.
I am wearing ... shorts and a T-shirt.
.
I am reading ... The Unexpected Legacy of Divorce by Wallerstein, Lewis, and Blakeslee. Soon I will begin Introduction to the Devout Life by St. Francis de Sales. Your Pregnancy Week by Week.
.
I am hoping ... for a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby, and a quick recovery!
.
I am creating ... new life!
.
I am remembering ... the look on Morgan's face when we told her that she was going to have another brother or sister. She was (is) thrilled beyond measure. I wish that we would have had the video camera out. Throughout the weekend, she would come up to me to say, "Mom, this is the best weekend ever ... my bulb came up (Elephant Ear, finally, after two months), we have fireworks, I stayed with Grandpa and Grandma, and we're having a new baby!"
.
Oh, Baby!

18 comments:

elm said...

Congrats congrats congrats!!! Congrats Congrats! (That is 5 for your 5th! Clever, aren't I?) Tucking you into my prayers for a healthy and happy pregnancy!!

Rest lots before it knocks you over and takes portions of your day from you here in the next couple weeks!! Sleep sleep sleep... oh, and try to take care of those other kids too! Us moms need nannies for 1st trimester!!

Again, congrats we are very happy for you!

Colleen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Wow, how exciting! I was wondering which one of us was gonna get pregnant again first...looks like you won :)

You'll have to keep me informed as to how pregnancy #5 is different from the rest, as I'm sure to be following in your footsteps one day (God Willing)!

Congrats again ~ what a lucky baby to be coming into such a beautiful, faithful, and fun family!

Lisa said...

Congratulations, Aubrey -- to all of you!! What wonderful news! &:O))

Aimee said...

COngratulations!!!! This is exactly the kind of news that I LOVE to hear at the start of the day :)

Sending my prayers for a happy, healthy pregnancy -- YAY!

Jen said...

Warmest Congratulations, Aubrey & family! I haven't been on-line much lately, but noticed people congratulating you in my reader and had to come find out why! May God bless you with a healthy, happy pregnancy and your best recovery yet!

Melissa said...

Congratulations on your good news!!
I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy.
It's cute your daughter is excited. My son is the same way. He really wants his little brother to share his room and I feel so bad knowing he won't (at first). But I told him he can help me get the baby's room ready (when I finally get around to it).
Congrats again!! Exciting times ahead!! :)

Lerin said...

I know I already congratulated you... but I have to do it again! CONGRATULATIONS!

Regina said...

WOW, i had no idea ;)
YIPPY YAY YAY. congrats
r

abroadermark said...

Woohoo!! Yippee!! What WONDERFUL news! I'm so happy for you and your family, Aubrey! Congratulations!

Diane said...

Aubrey! That's great news! Congratulations and thank the Lord!! :)

Stephanie said...

Hooray! What wonderful news! Congratulations to you and Jeremy and prayers for the new addition!

Stephanie said...

Hooray! What wonderful news! Congratulations to you and Jeremy and prayers for the new addition!

Jessica Gordon said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I am so excited for you! Five is a GREAT number! =)

Therese said...

congratulations. February will be pretty cold for you guys I suppose.

Prayers for a happy and healthy nine months.

thesixburghmom said...

Congratulations, Aubrey! How cute Morgan's reaction is. I loved reading that. Happy and Healthy 9 months to you!

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I'm finding two a lot of work but am thinking that it must get easier with older children to help out

Heather said...

Many blessings to you, Aubrey, and your family. Fantastic news!

KimK said...

What great news! I'm so glad for you!