Friday, April 17, 2009

Thursday Aboard: Touch and Go 3/10

You think airplanes are amazing? Try watching one on the flight deck a few yards in front of you....

5 comments:

JR said...

Sweet!

Regina said...

so cool. how loud was that?
r

Aubrey said...

It was so loud and we were so close that people on deck were required to have ear protection (plugs or covers) and it was still very loud. I made the mistake, during one touch down, of taking the plug out to listen to the phone (calling Jeremy so he could hear) and it felt like a sharp object was being shoved into my ear! It was absolutely incredible; the vibration and intensity of the touch down and subsequent punch-for-the-takeoff took my breath away involuntarily every time a jet performed the maneuver. They repeated the touch and go for about a half hour but I could have watched and experienced this all day long. It was absolutely amazing--a dream come true! :)

Aubrey said...

In fact, I can't believe that the camera captured the real sound of the jet and not just distortion. It was so, so loud!

Smiler #1 said...

Woah. Love it! Sounds like you're having a blast. I'm so glad! Can't wait to hear more stories. :)