
Visit Jennifer over at Conversion Diary for her Quick Takes and those of other bloggers!
::
1. My thanks go out to all of you who prayed for my Grandpa Dean. He's not out of the woods yet, but he was off of his ventilator yesterday and breathing with the help of a CPAP machine. Your prayers must have been strong because it is amazing that he came through the difficulties that he did. He's a tough cookie; maybe it's that he was the youngest of six raised on a farm, maybe that he was raised during the depression or that he is a World War II veteran and a cancer survivor. Truly, I believe it's the prayers!
::
2. Our basement could be an advertisement for Rubbermaid. We have blue totes EVERYWHERE. I just counted 47 in the basement alone; there are more in the garage. What's in them? If you're a mom, you'll laugh...0-3M girl, 0-3M boy, 3-6M girl, 3-6M boy, 6-9M girl, 6-9M boy, 12M girl, 12M boy, 2T girl, 2T boy, 3T girl, 3T boy, 4T girl, 4T boy, 5T girl, 5T boy, 6 girl, 7 girl. There are boxes for baby shoes, baby blankets, maternity clothes, college textbooks, trinkets that have meaning but aren't out on display, Christmas decorations, Easter and Halloween, and one box for each of my children in which I put their memories. Whew!
::
3. When did people stop replying to Thank You with You're Welcome? There are members of my family and some friends who accept the Thank You but do not reply. I stand there wondering if they heard me or if I need to repeat myself. In a dressing room the other day, I called out, "does anyone have a watch on?" Someone promptly replied with, "it's 1:15." I called out, "thank you," and was met with silence. Did I need to repeat myself? Did she hear me? Maybe they don't say You're Welcome because they don't feel that whatever they did is worthy of thanks? It always is! The smallest favors are worthy of thanks. Let's all remember to say, "You're welcome!"
::
4. Treat carving knives with respect. If you do cut lettuce with a carving knife and it fights back, a good finger to damage is the left thumb. You'd be surprised how easy it is to make do without it and to keep it out of the way. Your uncle might tell you to close it up with super glue but he's crazy. Just put pressure on it.
::
5. I love reading comments left on my blog. It's a little ray of sunshine during the day, a quick note from a friend, an acquaintance, or even a stranger to say, "Hello, I was here!" When I visit a blog I almost always leave a comment, even if it's just, "Thanks for sharing your Quick Takes," or "What a neat post!" I leave them because I enjoy and appreciate getting them. I'd keep this blog regardless of whether I receive comments but it is nice to see them. Thanks to all of you who leave them!
::
6. Is there etiquette for blog comment replies? I leave comments with no expectation of a reply (unless I ask a question) but I feel that I must reply to comments left on my blog. I usually return the favor of a stranger's comment with a visit to their blog. Some of my blogger friends reply within the comments section itself, some e-mail a reply. I do a mixture of all three things that I mentioned--visits to the commenter, replies in the comments section, and e-mail if I know the person's address. I just wondered what you all think.
::
7. Who knew that one could makes friends in the blogosphere? I think of this as 21st century penpal correspondence. It's fun and it's interesting. It's also a small world. Many blogger friends with whom I correspond have ties to Nebraska or to my hometown. The blogs I read regularly are on my sidebar. Blogs are also a neat way to keep up with friends who have moved far away. When we are able to get together, we can talk about many things and save the time we'd normally use to find out about what's new and what's changed because we've kept up via internet! Facebook has become another tool that I use to keep up with family and friends. We've had high speed internet for almost a year, which is what made all of this possible, and I think I would be lost without it!
::
Cheers!
9 comments:
I'm interested to hear the responses you get on blog-comment-ettiquette. I like to respond with a comment on their page if there is a brand new visitor.
Oh, and I'm sorry I can't ket the Pelosi thing go... here is the video that made me decide that she is purposefully misleading others ab out the teaching of the CatholicChurch for her own political gain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IepLtfNSM7I&feature=related
yes, if it is someone new i will leave a comment on their blog. i respond via email to questions. if they dont have comments linked to their email i will either go to their blog and leave the answer or just not answer it.
hope your thumb is all healed up soon
r
I usually either reply to a comment (a quick thank you) in the comments section or leave a comment on the person's blog. I don't know what I would do if I had tons of commenters!
I like your blog template, by the way!
I used to reply to every single comment, but was getting way too bogged down with life ~ Now I respond to comments in my combox whenever I can, but not always. I almost always go visit someone new and leave a comment and appreciation.
Cheers to another bin-user. We have hundreds (and I'm not kidding) in our quanset hut. Filled with everything from clothes to books to canning supplies.
#3 Manners are becoming close to extinct these days. It is sad...
I love comments to. It is like receiving a letter in the mail for me. I usually respond to my commenters. I love it when a 'conversation' rolls along. I feel rude if I don't make some kind of acknowledge when someone leaves a comment. But, that is just me, and I don't get huge amounts of comments, so I can manage it. I do visit various blogs and leave comments but I these blogs don't ever say anything back, unless it is a question. And, I know that is just how they operate.
Your's is always such a friendly place to visit, and has a welcoming air... which drew me back again and again. And, as you leave comments at my place, it builds an on-line friendship, where bloggers become familiar. That makes the difference for me as to whose blog I check daily, and those that I just check every now and then.
Bloggers are like real-life people. Some you connect with more and others are not so connected. It is a fun adventure :)
#3 Manners are becoming close to extinct these days. It is sad...
I love comments to. It is like receiving a letter in the mail for me. I usually respond to my commenters. I love it when a 'conversation' rolls along. I feel rude if I don't make some kind of acknowledge when someone leaves a comment. But, that is just me, and I don't get huge amounts of comments, so I can manage it. I do visit various blogs and leave comments but I these blogs don't ever say anything back, unless it is a question. And, I know that is just how they operate.
Your's is always such a friendly place to visit, and has a welcoming air... which drew me back again and again. And, as you leave comments at my place, it builds an on-line friendship, where bloggers become familiar. That makes the difference for me as to whose blog I check daily, and those that I just check every now and then.
Bloggers are like real-life people. Some you connect with more and others are not so connected. It is a fun adventure :)
I caught myself not saying "your welcome" today and I vow to work on that. We need to bring manners back! I was glad for the question about blog comments, because I have been confused about that. Sometimes I just don't know what to say to a comment. Perhaps I should jump in more. You are right about the blogging world. It is really nice to get to know friends from everywhere.
1. Your welcome for prayers said. And God says "you're welcome," too. I didn't know if you heard him and I did, so... passing it along.
2. ALL of your totes are the same color? That is amazing! Every time I go to get another one for something the last color I was buying is no longer available. I hope the color cycle will come back around at some point so that I will have a nice rainbow!
3. You are welcome for that whole telling the time thing in the fitting room. I am sorry for the rudeness. It will stop sometime soon. I hope. It wasn't me. I am not in your state today. But I am sorry for the rudeness. I am at times rude. I forget to say bless you when my family sneezes. They look at me and say, "Bless me!" I reply, "Oh, YES! Of course, bless you!" I usually didn't even register that they sneezed!
4. Same goes for razors. Watch out for knobby knees!
5. 6. & 7. Regarding blogging... I love comments they make the sun shine on a cloudy day! Why? Because that day someone was on the other side of the screen! I didn't start writing a blog to make friends, I live far from all of my family and most of my friends... so, trying to keep everyone up to speed was most easily accomplished through a blog (nd I have learned to love it!) I look at the blogosphere as a GREAT BIG HUGE GINORMOUS street in a somewhat forgotten America. Everyone knew their neighbor, chatted on the front porches, talked in the yard, you know... they were polite and neighborly. Those days seemed to float away and now I think that we have a replacement out here on blogs! So, I like to reply to comments (I don't get too many, so I can spend some time doing it!) and carry on a conversation and get to know my neighbors out here in Blogville on Bloggers Circle. So, when time allows, I definitely reply in some way!
All those boxes in the basement shout 'Open to Life!'. An empty family basement is a sad thing.
Post a Comment