Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Little Hobby

Melissa over at Almost Catholic Momma passed an award to me today. She had very kind words to offer and I am very appreciative. She's admirably taking the path toward Catholicism and just participated in the Rite of Acceptance. I always enjoy her posts and am excited for what she's about to experience in the Roman Catholic Church. She's intelligent and thoughtful. Click over to check out her blog!

With the award comes a meme:
1. Where is your cell phone? In my purse
2. Where is your significant other? Watching Seinfeld a few feet away
3. Your hair color? Dark brown
4. Your mother? Smart and determined
5. Your father? Quiet and strong
6. Your favorite thing? The Eucharist (secular: my camera)
7. Your dream last night? Don't remember
8. Your dream/goal? Raise holy, healthy, happy children
9. The room you're in? Family room
10. Your hobby? Taking pictures, blogging
11. Your fear? Losing my husband or a child
12. Where do you want to be in six years? Right here where I am now
13. Where were you last night? Right here where I am now
14. What you are not? Liberal
15. One of your wish list items? A standing mixer for the kitchen
16. Where you grew up? Everywhere, Nebraska
17. The last thing you did? Parent-Teacher conferences
18. What you are wearing? Jeans and a long sleeved shirt
19. Your TV? My husband just put The Matrix in
20. Your pet? When we got married, we agreed: no pets, just kids
21. Your computer? One year old HP Pavilion
22. Your mood? Good, but tired (under the weather)
23. Missing someone? I miss my Navy brother
24. Your car? 1995 mini-van
25. Something you're not wearing? An Obama sticker
26. Favorite store? Pier 1, Barnes & Noble
27. Your summer...was spent settling into a new house
28. Love someone? My husband!
29. Your favorite color? Blue, especially cobalt blue see through glass
30. When was the last time you laughed? A few minutes ago while Jeremy told the story of Morgan having to tell him that she flushed the upstairs toilet after he told her not to and it did indeed overflow and flood the bathroom. She told him that as the water was rising, that her tummy started to hurt and she couldn't make her knees stop shaking and was so scared to tell him (because water wasn't the only thing in the toilet).
:::
I'd like to pass this award on to Jessica over at Shower of Roses. She's always so positive and seems to be so organized--she celebrates feast days and posts lesson plans. She's homeschooling five beautiful children and is a great example of how we should all practice our Roman Catholicism! She's even been to Nebraska...always a bonus! Wish I could have met you when you were here, Jessica!

2 comments:

Jessica Gordon said...

I loved reading your answers Aubrey!

THANK YOU so much for passing the award on to me!!! You are so sweet. I really wish I could have met you too!

It's funny that you mentioned that I "seem to be so organized". My life has been quite a mess the past few weeks. I am still trying to get caught back up on my laundry (from the 5 days I was without a machine) so there is clothing everywhere, and my school room is one huge pile of books and papers that need to be organized -- have you noticed that any crafts we have been doing have been taking place in the kitchen. ;) I do have hope of someday *being* organized on an *ongoing* basis, but I have a feeling it is going to take me a LONG time to get there!

Nevertheless, you made my day! Thanks again!

Regina said...

hope you feel better soon
r