
We may not have mountains in Nebraska...boy, I wish we did...but we've got prairie and rolling hills and fresh air. We may not have oceans or mountain streams, but we've got beautiful rivers and lakes.

I took the boys to the Nature Center the other day and we went out on the boardwalk over the pond. There were no Elk swimming that day but they had fun running around, climbing, and spying on frogs.

There are wide open skies that close the day with magnificent sunsets.


One of the things that I love about living in a small city is that there are still corn fields on the edges of town within city limits. I've even slowed for deer in a particular southeastern area of town. Now we're moving toward fall and the colors are starting to change on the more sensitive trees and plants. I saw a Maple tree that had a green bottom, a yellow middle, and a bright red top. There's a bush in our backyard that's becoming red on top. Yesterday we drove by the most beautiful corn field which was planted on the east side of a very busy street. I was compelled to stop and take pictures which I will share. It's nice to have a breath of the country in our little city.

1 comment:
How fun! It really is pretty out there!
Post a Comment