My husband is coming home, my husband is coming home, my husband is coming home. Any minute now, he'll code into the garage and walk in the side door. Any time now...his plane should have landed...darn it, as I was typing this, the phone just rang and he called to say that his plane was delayed at O'Hare, now he's about an hour away waiting for a shuttle to bring him home. Oh well. Soon.
He's been in Vermont for a week for training and what a week it has been! We spent Sunday evening with my in-laws, Monday at home, Tuesday at my Grandparents' house, Wednesday at home, Thursday Maddie went to her ENT for a follow-up (she's looking good), then the zoo with a friend, then Thursday evening here at home watching Little House on the Prairie, and today ended up being a very stressful, lots-of-little-things-went-wrong, off schedule, rotten day. Luckily, we had an evening planned with three of my husband's sisters (the greatest sisters-in-law that a woman could hope for), or I think that this day would have been more than I could handle. Being with them is always a breath of fresh air and makes the kids happy because they have 7 cousins to play with. Whew...I'm glad that this week is coming to a close.
This week made me even more sympathetic to military families who make this sacrifice constantly. Let us pray for all military men and women!
2 comments:
glad your sanity's back ;)
r
Oh! I can totally relate, as you know!!! :o)
So glad that your husband is home now! Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment