Thursday, January 13, 2011

Flashback: New Year's Day

We Isaiah believing that money falls out of his ears when we hang him upside down and shake him a little.  Jeremy holds him upside down and shakes him a little, and I drop change on the floor.  It's hilarious!

Pictured: Isaiah and Khalil (my nephew) had the first shot at their Christmas gifts from Nana (my mom), with whom we are celebrating Christmas on New Year's Day.

Noah and Isaiah are wearing matching pajamas given to them by Jeremy's parents.  Jeremy's parents give all of the grandchildren matching pajamas for Christmas, as one of their gifts.

Pictured: my brother-in-law Roger, and my nephews Tre'mon and Khalil

Madeleine

My mom got Noah a coon-skin hat (faux) and a double barreled shot gun.  A week later, I bought a Davy Crockett DVD.  The transformation from Noah to Davy Crockett has been very entertaining!

Pictured: Lexi (Eli's girlfriend), Nana (my mom) and Morgan, Leighton and Courtney (my brother and his girlfriend), and Eli.  On the floor: Jeremy, Tre'mon, and Isaiah

Maria tastes her new bath duck while wearing the crocheted hat that Nana gave her.

After a gag-gift exchange, we are pictured (with Isaiah, of course), back row: Aubrey*, Jeremy, Nana (my mom), Eli*, Sophie*, Brianna*, Jory, Valley*, then bottom row: courtney, Lexi, Leighton*, and Roger (*notes my brothers and sisters--six of us were present this day, one is in the UK, one in the Navy, and one at work.)

Nana and Maria

Jeremy traded the gag gift he opened for this one--a kit to safely insert Mentos candy into a bottle of Diet Coke.  After the initial test, the boys ran to the store for more supplies.  Then Valley and I went to the store for even more supplies!


Roger, Brianna, and Jory look on

Explosion!

Amaya (my niece) and my sister Valley

Amaya and Nana

Maria and Amaya, being only a month apart, were given identical hats to wear.

Khalil, my nephew, donned Mardi Gras glasses!

Maria and Amaya were grabbing at each others' hats.  It seemed to be an unspoken agreement between the two of them: I'll get your hat off if you'll get mine!

Before the gifts were opened, Noah sat in the front room waiting ... and waiting ... and waiting....

1 comment:

Colleen said...

You guys have so much fun together. I love big families. We are equally blessed over here.

And oh my, we will have to try that change thing, I think Eamon will LOVE it!

Those two little girl cousins are so adorable and couldn't look less alike! I'll take either though :)