Visit Jennifer at Conversion Diary to read her Quick Takes and those of other bloggers!
::
1. I've been a busy bee, working on making Christmas gifts rather than shopping. It is so much more rewarding! I'm eager to give them to the recipients! We keep Christmas gift giving simple on both sides of the family; siblings do not exchange Christmas gifts, and it is not necessary to give gifts to nieces and nephews (although a godparent to godchild gift is common among aunts & uncles). We give three gifts to our children because Jesus received three gifts at his birth. They each receive one photo book, a compilation of the year's memories. We give them one Christmas ornament, and they receive one toy. It's so easy to remember, such an easy tradition to remember. It takes a lot of stress out of wondering what to give them. We try not to emphasize gifts or Santa around Christmas because we want our children to remember that--brace yourself for a cliche--Jesus is the reason for the season. 2. I do send gifts to my goddaughters (Christmas and birthday). I wish I were as good as my friends; they remember to have Masses offered for their godchildren, remember their feast days, baptismal dates, etc., and I haven't gotten there yet although I firmly intend to. I do pray for them every day, but I'd like to get better about remembering other details. Our older goddaughter Kaylee will receive first Holy Communion this year!
4. There's a trend I've noticed lately. My friend Megan had three boys and recently gave birth to twins: a boy and a GIRL ... my friend Staci has three girls and recently gave birth to a BOY ... my friend Sarah has three girls and a boy and found out that #5 (on the way) is a BOY ... my friend Jen (yep, you, Texas) has three girls and recently found out that #4 (on the way) is a BOY ... now my other friend Jen is pregnant with #6 and has four girls and a boy. Will her boy get a brother? We'll find out in March!
5. Colleen has a baby on the way!!!!! So does Allison! And Jennifer! Sarah, too! And Aimee! And these are just blogger buddies ... I know many women now who are expecting babies and it's such a wonderful state of joy for me to share. My daughter Morgan asked me why we haven't been to a wedding and I laughed, then replied that most people we know are married already and are having babies. And not just first babies ... fifth and sixth babies! Oh, for the love of life!
6. It bothers me when people say, "I literally laughed my head off!" Really? How did those amazing doctors sew it back on? How is it you're able to post on Facebook?
7. I'm out of stuff to say. The stuff I've got to say is not that interesting anyway. Does anyone have any burning questions that I could answer? Or you could make me laugh. I love to laugh. Leave me a comment, eh?

4 comments:
Oh my goodness, I am so with you on the overuse (and misuse) of the word literally. They even talked about it on The Big Bang Theory last night...so funny!
I know there are so many moms expecting again, what blessings!! I am honored to be among the chosen :)
I hope my number 5 baby is just like yours...cute and lovey and a girl!
We were at a wedding last weekend and it felt strange - there were a lot of babies and toddlers but only one other family with lots of kids like us. They are all open to life - just most of them were married in the last few years. I didn't realize how many people we knew like that since we also know so many who have been married as long as us and have a lot of kids (like us). It's awesome to think about how many more babies God has planned for our family and friends...
Ha, YOU make me laugh Aubrey, thank you! I am in love with your table tent. kudos to anyone who sews. I finally finished Samuel's stocking and think I redid 3 parts 2 and 3 times each. ye-ow! homemade Christmas gifts all around? wow. you rock.
I love to remember special days with our Godchildren, too. The most surefire way for me to make it happen: mark Baptismal & feast days on the calendar in red just like their birthdays. We've even occasionally saved their birthday gift & given it to them on their Baptismal day since that's when they became "our" child.
Post a Comment