Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dave Matthews Band Live


Our setlist:
07/22/2008 Dave Matthews Band
1. Dreaming Tree
2. You Might Die Trying
3. Eh Hee
4. Corn Bread
5. Old Dirt Hill
6. Sugar Will
7. Drive In Drive Out
8. Sledgehammer (Peter Gabriel cover)
9. Ants Marching
10. Out Of My Hands
11. So D--n Lucky
12. Dancing Nancies
13. #41
14. Crash Into Me
15. So Much To Say
16. Anyone Seen The Bridge
17. Too Much
18. Louisiana Bayou
Encore:
19. Sister
20. Gravedigger
21. Stay (Wasting Time)

What a great night! Yes, that's Jeremy and me in the picture with CARTER BEAUFORD'S DRUMSTICK! We really enjoyed the show and its setlist. We love Dreaming Tree; it's rare to hear live. Louisiana Bayou is a fun song to dance to and to see live. Stay is so energetic! It was funny to hear it live without the Lovely Ladies.
Tim Reynolds is apparently traveling with the DMB. Usually, you see him only as a guest on an album or on tour with Dave alone. Tim Reynolds is a master guitar player and it was a thrill to see him; the only drawback of having him on stage is when someone hands him an electric guitar, the distortion drowns out the rest of the band. I like the acoustic sounds of the DMB, not the electric ones. Luckily, Tim didn't get too out of hand.
Rashawn Ross is an excellent addition to the band's tour; the trumpet works well with their sound.
Since LeRoi Moore is in the hospital, Jeff Coffin of Bela Fleck and the Flecktones is his replacement. We've seen him live with his own band. There's a 20+ minute version of #41 in which Jeff Coffin and Bela Fleck insert a duet/jam with the DMB (from a show many years ago). Tonight, Jeff treated us to this duet/jam along with Rashawn Ross and it was great! This was the highlight of my night! On the album Stand Up, Dave plays the piano, but this is the first time I've seen him do it live. At the end of this show, Carter tossed out several drumsticks and we caught one!
Who won the set list game? Jeremy and I tied. Hoping for Butterfly was wishful thinking, but it was worth a shot!

This is the last DMB entry, I promise!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get to hear Butterfly. If I would have been at the concert I would have been totally excited at the beginning of the concert because I love Dreaming Tree. I would have loved to hear his Peter Gabriel cover and how he covered it.
Glad to hear you had a rockin' time and thanks for giving me the link to the new blog. :)

Anonymous said...

No way!

Sounds like (and from the picture, it looks like) you had a great time.

Jessica Gordon said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I can't believe you tied on your setlists! Fun!