It has been so long since I took down this blog, convinced that I was wasting too much time doing it and that I had offended every person in the world with my perfectly reasonable yet snarky world views. Here's the thing: it's my blog. You read it here, you don't like it, you can "walk" away. If you are upset with me for writing or thinking a particular thing, you probably misunderstood me. Read it again.
My husband says I'm less grumpy and funner when I have the outlet of writing. He used different, kinder words. He said I needed to start blogging again.
Ye be warned (yes, I know it's not talk-like-a-pirate-day):
No more anonymous comments are allowed. I'll blog; you can read. If you want to disagree with me, you can do it with your name attached. I can take it, I promise. I'll wear my big girl panties. It's pretty hard to hurt my feelings. Believe it or not, I could usually tell who posted the anonymous comments by what was said, how, and by the grammar and punctuation used. Oh, and I don't hold a grudge. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'll probably leave the comment published unless I decide I don't like it. Then I'll print it, stomp on it, light it on fire, and fling its ashes into the wind. Just kidding. I'll just delete it.
I will not apologize for my view of the world. I'm not perfect, even when I think I am.
I am anti-abortion, pro-life, whatever you want to call it. An unborn child is a human from the moment of conception and deserves our protection. Abortion is bad for women in all circumstances. We can argue the details later.
I may not post regularly. I've got six kids and a husband and it is my job to keep them alive. Sometimes food on the table is more important than the blog post I'm dying to finish. Some days I'll post seven things, sometimes I'll go seven days without posting.
My house is messy and my kids sometimes fight. My marriage is wonderful, but it's not perfect. My kids watch PBS in the mornings while I wake up. I drink enough daily caffeine to kill a small horse. My car needs to be cleaned out. We don't do crafts every day and we don't hold hands and sing kumbaya. But we pray together, love one another, and are happy. Some people think that bloggers lead perfect, clean, organized lives. It may look this way, but looks can be deceiving. Don't read posts and think that you don't measure up. I'm putting my best face forward. Why would I post the bad stuff? That's depressing. Someday, I may post pictures of my laundry room and you'll feel better.
I laugh about a lot of stuff. Are you with me?
P.S. Our newbie is John, born at the end of 2012.
No comments:
Post a Comment