Tuesday, July 6, 2010

How to Make a Cheesy Burrito

You need burrito size tortillas, shredded cheese, and the optional refried beans. If the tortillas are more than a couple days old, it may help to warm them for 10 seconds in the microwave. Then they won't tear when they are folded. If you are using refried beans, smear them on the tortilla FIRST with a rubber scraper. Then add a generous amount of cheese. Then fold the tortilla over the cheese like this:
If your microwave is as strong as mine, nuke it for 50 seconds, covered (covered helps the cheese melt better). Let it sit for five minutes after nuking. If you like Amigos ranch dressing to dip it in, then buy Hidden Valley packets and use buttermilk instead of milk when following their directions. Make sure you use MAYONNAISE and NOT Miracle Whip (salad dressing). Amigos uses Hidden Valley and makes it just like I told you. For small children, cut the burrito in half at an angle; it's easier for them to eat.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Love how you plated it! This sounds like an even easier lunch than grilled cheese. I wonder if my little ones will eat it? Gotta try :)

Staci said...

Seriously - the display at the end totally makes this one. Love the touch of star fruit! Are those actually tasty? I don't know that I've ever eaten one.

Therese said...

YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiler #1 said...

I'm also intrigued by the star fruit. They always look so fun...should we give 'em a try?