Monday, June 15, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook Volume 21

June 15, 2009
It's Our 8th Anniversary!
.
Outside my window ... it is cloudy and chilly and it rained last night. It is 65 degrees outside right now with a high of 71 expected today. This is Nebraska and it is June. I expect the highs to be in the 80s, so this cool weather is a treat! But the cool snap will end; we're expected to be back into the mid and high 80s starting tomorrow. :(
.
I am thinking ... that summer is already passing too quickly!
.
Learning at home ... I intend to begin school exercises and continue on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays throughout the summer. I want to practice and improve the girls' reading skills, their math skills, and I want to prepare Noah for Pre-K by helping him with letters, numbers, and his name. He can write his name but the N is still backward (an endearing mistake) and I want to help him correct that and to become confident in his ability to do it. He's frustrated when he does write it, saying, "it's messy!"
.
I am thankful for ... my wonderful husband, my beautiful children, and all of the family with which God has blessed me.
.
From the kitchen ... Grilling chicken this week, maybe some of Rachael Ray's chicken strips with chipotle dipping sauce and fried onion rings. My mother-in-law sent lettuce home with us tonight from an aunt's garden and we'll be feasting on fresh greens! I'll be attempting a strudel, as my husband wants only that for Father's Day and I've been putting it off for seven years now. Yeesh. Any ideas on that?
.
I am wearing ... shorts and a 1993 World Youth Day (Denver) T-shirt.
.
I am reading ... The Unexpected Legacy of Divorce by Wallerstein, Lewis, and Blakeslee.
.
I am eagerly anticipating ... the birth of my youngest cousin! My aunt is due to deliver her little girl around July 4th.
.
I am listening to ... Big Whiskey and the Groo Grux King by Dave Matthews Band. What else!? We'll be sitting in the SECOND ROW at a Dave Matthews Band concert in September. I couldn't be more excited!
.
I am hoping ... that our government DOES NOT attempt to nationalize health care. What a nightmare! The thought of this truly frightens me! I think that it is the worst idea that a nation could try to follow through with. Clearly the U.S. government cannot support its current programs with the money it already has coming in. America is so far in debt! This has GOT to be a wake up call for our Congress. Put the brakes on! Stop the train! I do NOT want to be a citizen of a socialist nation!
.
I am creating ... vegetables and clean laundry.
.
I am remembering ... the day that Jeremy and I were married. We were married in the Catholic church in which we were both baptized, St. Mary's. In fact, Jeremy received all of his sacraments there. We were married on a Friday evening. I practically pulled my father down the aisle. I remember him asking me to slow down. What a great day. I was so happy to be married to my sweetheart. The last eight years have been wonderful. They've flown by! I hope that we are given sixty or seventy more!
.
Here is a picture thought that I am sharing.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Awww.... Happy Anniversary, Aubrey! You two are such a beautiful couple!

And, other comments I just have to make: You've got to post that chipoltle sauce recipe (We just love grilled chicken and chipoltle!). And, LUCKY YOU! We love Dave Matthews, too!

Hope this day of the anniversary of your wedding is full of bliss and all the best of ordinary contentment.

Colleen said...

Happy Anniversary!! You two are about a year ahead of us, so I'll be watching you closely ;)

What a beautiful bride you were, but I must say that you have grown even more beautiful with age! (I'm serious!!)

Jessica Gordon said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I loved seeing that great picture of you too on your wedding day, BEAUTIFUL!! Hope your day is wonderful! =)

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary to you! I don't think I've seen any of your wedding pictures before - did your dad take them? Are you at the capital in this one? Y'all don't really look that different - 8 years & 4 kids later!
Congratulations.

Lerin said...

Happy Anniversary and MANY happy returns! :)

Stephanie said...

Hooray! Happy anniversary!

elm said...

Happy Happy Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OOoooohhhh!!! I was so excited when I saw your wedding photo! I was hoping I would find one on here. I love wedding piccies and this one is bee.auuuti.ful!
Congratulations once again!

Regina said...

such a cute picture! happy anniversary.
r

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful couple! I love your picture and Happy Anniversary!!!!

Diane said...

Aubrey!! You get to be in the SECOND row!!? AhhH! :) I'd love to hear what you think of the new cd. Are you really in love with it? I think so many of the songs are really funky. :) Which is your favorite song?

AND p.s. Happy Anniversary! It seems like every blogHer that I read is celebrating their anniversary. June really is good for that! Us, too, our 7th ann. was on the first of this month. :)

pps-- I've not been able to visit your blog to comment for a long time because I kept getting an error whenever I tried to access your site. (I was still able to read it, though, thanks to google reader) But dh downloaded firefox and now it works for me again. yeah!