I felt very happy after speaking with my almost 7 year old daughter yesterday. Her birthday is coming up and Jeremy and I were wondering what gift we should give her this year. We don't emphasize gifts at Christmas but we're not shy about birthday gifts. This is the conversation:
Mom: Morgan, what are you hoping to receive for your birthday this year?
Morgan: Mom, I don't know. You mean gifts? I have everything I want. I have my coloring things, my clipboard, my Bleeding Heart [an outdoor plant], my toys, my bike. There's nothing that I want. I don't need anything. You and Dad get me whatever you want to and I'll be happy. I don't need anything.
9 comments:
We can all take a lesson from your sweet daughter. Materialism is so rampant in kids nowadays, it is nice to hear Morgan thinking this way. Good job, Mom and Dad!
What a sweet, unselfish girl! You and your husband have obviously taught her well. Way to go mom and dad!!
What a great testament to you two as parents. I would feel really good about that conversation, too, if I were you! ;)
Beautiful! Well done, Aubrey and Jeremy! :)
Thank you for your compliments. It would be wrong for me to take credit, as God has made her what she is. I would say that she is this good in spite of me! ;)
That's awesome!
Oh, my, what a dear, sweet girl. The whole world could learn from her example (me, included).
How precious! I haven't heard anything like that come out of my boys' mouths yet. They go in the opposite direction asking for things we wouldn't buy them such as motorcycles, paint ball guns, etc.
LOVE HER!!! Wow, that is a wonderful thing to hear from your child!
My Madeleine Sophie turns 7 on May 14. Her wishlist consists of two things: a nightgown and "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator" by Roald Dahl. It warms my heart that our daughters have somehow (so far, at least!) avoided materialism in such a materialistic society! :)
Post a Comment